I would hazard to guess, but as long a Fords keep winning the competition.............October 5 2017 at 5:08 PM
Mike U. (Login mtrain)
Response to Re: results are getting harder to find every year
I think this "challenge" didn't go at all the way Hot Rod magazine intended it to go.
Know you all know I really don't care for anything made by gm, and sometimes my rants can go a little too far, but we all know that in any automotive competition between a Ford, and something made by gm, gm will heavily be biased against the Fords especially if the Fords start to win.
IE, restrictor plates for NASCAR [back when there actually were different makes of race cars], bore spacing restrictions in NHRA [eliminating a Boss 429 based engine], and more recently when the Ford mod engines dominated/won the small block category vs the UNBEATABLE ls engines, the rules were changed to exclude the mod engines into a class by themselves, keeping them from competing against the ls.
So far Ford has exceeded expectations of what HR thought a Ford engine can do, and not what Hot Rod was hoping to prove, and that is how all gm motors are the BEST BAR NONE ENGINES vs everybody else.
In saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that is the reason [I don't expect HR to openly admit it] for the end of the EMC.
OK, tinfoil hat off.
- EMC results - Barry_R on Oct 5, 2017, 5:46 PM
- Great work!, I hope it goes on too, and Motor Trend on Demand on the Ten - Bill Ballinger on Oct 5, 2017, 6:01 PM
- Thanks Barry thats a great crate package - WerbyFord on Oct 5, 2017, 6:48 PM
- Dyno issue wasn't tuning related... - doug smith on Oct 5, 2017, 9:19 PM
- I wish that I could afford to buy it or a crate engine like it - Bill Ballinger on Oct 6, 2017, 4:58 AM