Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Never liked the Rader wheels

October 6 2017 at 11:15 AM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to Raders

when I was trading wheels, there were always lots of Rader wheels around here. They didn't look to be very rugged, compared to others. They looked like cheap wheels and finding broken ones was not uncommon, so don't think I ever bought or had a single Rader wheel. I didn't know they came on Cougars.

I had multiple sets of Hurst wheels, NOS & used, back then and thought there was some documentation I found (very much pre internet) in Hurst ads that used wheels looking very, very much like Raders as why Hurst's forged centers and riveted & sandwiched construction made them far superior to similar wheels on the market. I believe the Raders simply had cast centers which were riveted directly to the wheel band without the steel surround to better support the rivets & locate the center like the Hurst wheels.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message