Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

truck headers

October 8 2017 at 2:48 PM
Rory McNeil  (Login RMCJ428)
Members

Response to Nope

Although I am very pleased with how well the FPA headers I installed on my 59 Ford 2door sedan, I can not say that I have seen a set of FPA headers for a Ford PU. I have had good results with both the Hedman and Flowtech headers I had installed on my 74 F350 2WD (390 NP435 4 speed). I had the Hedmans on the truck for 14 years, and only replaced them because they were looking so crusty, and since I was replacing the PS box, and starter, I thought that I would install a new pair of headers at the same time. When I removed the Hedmans, despite looking pretty rough, they were still quite solid. The only reason I went with the Flowtechs, was they were available locally, and for a good price. Both sets fit well and didn`t leak at the heads, I did have a couple of blown collector gaskets, but when I switched to solid aluminum collector gaskets, ploblem solved. The Flowtechs have been on the truck for over 12 years now, and as far as I know, they are still holding up OK. I sold the truck in 2014, but see the truck and only regulariiy at our local track.

Respond to this message   
Responses