Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

 Return to Index  

I have a real one if he's interested...

October 9 2017 at 5:17 PM
Dan  (Login 32bantam)

Response to Offset disturbutor

If you are referring to the offset timing cover drive such as H-M M/T and Cragar sold...Basically, the cam is extended with a spud drive that includes the same gear not much different than a Hilborn fuel pump drive. It can be made from an old cam shaft if you can't find one and final lash is often set with shims. The casting isn't very complex either but the SBF drive is insanely rare... significantly more so than the FE. In all reality you could convert any timing cover to this type unit with some fabrication.

 Respond to this message   

  • Pictures Please - Leny Mason on Oct 11, 2017, 4:44 AM
    • drive - Dan on Oct 11, 2017, 2:50 PM