Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Re: O/T 4.11's and 27" tall tires suck on the highway, but........

October 10 2017 at 6:50 AM
e.philpott  (Login pooreric)
Members

Response to O/T 4.11's and 27" tall tires suck on the highway, but........

Sweet story !! .... Had a guy tell me he had a Nova just like mine , unfortunately my Nova was a 63 Fairlane , WTF

Paulie , I'm envolved on a build in Illinios on a 1971 Mustang with 429 .030 over , first generation Motorsports aluminum CJ head ( before Kaase) with flat tops , Comp 294 S , Ebrock RPM air gap BG 850 , 4800 stall C4 , anyway got the engine running , cam broke in , weather was good so a test drive followed , we have/had a 3.90 DL 9 inch to go in the car but currently has the original 302's 8 inch 3.00 gear with 29 tall tires , has street tires so we wasn't worried about breaking the 8 incher , ... fricken car drives great and has smoked quite a few "new" cars on the highway , must recently a new SS Camaro , anyway after driving the car with 3.00 now the owners is more interested in a 3.25 or 3.00 9 incher gear instead of the 3.90 .... The converter takes up the slack of the highway gear on the take-offs and the car is a total blast to cruise around in city or highway , just some food for thought if you get tired of the 4.11's

Respond to this message   
Responses