Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

I want to know when the high hp version of the Sniper is coming out? Sorry not trying to

October 11 2017 at 2:47 PM

Mike U.  (Login mtrain)
Members

Response to Throttle Body Injection experience? Holley Sniper

I'm not trying to highjack your thread, but I've been looking for an answer as I've got a forced induction engine that I would like to use the higher hp Sniper setup.

To answer your question, I have read up on both the FiTech, and Sniper on other forums [I would recommend a site, but its not a website that I particularly like, so a net search under "Holley Sniper+ forums should help you find it, and other sites].

From what I've read, there isn't much to do on the Sniper, but install it, and it pretty much programs itself.

Its the self programing that I like as I had the Digital/programmable MSD 6AL2 setup, and even though I understood how to program it, I just couldn't get it to work.

I had the timing locked out as per the MSD instructions, but I never could get the starter retard to work correctly. With that said, I never really knew if the rest of the timing retard [for twin turbo engine] was working, or not].

So, with that said, I wouldn't mind doing some fine tuning if I had to with the Sniper, but I don't want to have to take a class on how to do it like you would with a setup like Megasquirt.

Respond to this message