Return to Index
I use Cam Research's break-in service
October 12 2017 at 4:00 PM
break in oil or not ? I vote no. Your experience ?
My last iteration took 2 cams. First one wiped on the machine. Luckily, I bought the cam from them, so he ground a new one and broke it in.
Respond to this message
The several i've built was using 15-40w Rotella. No problems
- Leland on Oct 12, 2017, 6:46 PM
.. same as Royce .. straight weight non detergent SAE 30 ...
X2 with Cam Research
- marc on Oct 13, 2017, 6:05 AM
Be cautious as that break-in machine can give a false sense of security....
- Brent Lykins on Oct 13, 2017, 6:14 AM
I agree my only cam failure was---
- Faron on Oct 13, 2017, 7:20 AM
same lubricant used? n/m
- javier on Oct 15, 2017, 4:11 PM
+1 MAJOR possibility...
- Randy on Oct 13, 2017, 1:30 PM