Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Agree part/not with part

December 6 2017 at 7:22 AM

Falcon67  (Login Falcon67)
Members

Response to imho about china stuff in general

Inconsistent QC I agree - have one ProForm electric pump that has run 3 year on a car, no problems. New one out of the box - maybe sitting too long - leaked like a sprinkler. Disassembly showed no clue why.

On the other hand we have a no-name 110CC quad that we use at the track, no problem getting parts for it - they are all pretty much the same - carbs, ignition parts, plugs, etc. Most motors are some sort of Honda knockoff and they do pretty good at it. Compare the Predator Inverter 3200w generator and the kart motors, which the kart people love. The motors are cheap enough that if one breaks you "could" use a Honda part to fix it, or throw it over the fence and get another. Have seen the new Inverter thing run - very quiet and $699 compared to $2000 for the Honda equiv. Buy a warranty and so what if it does fail, they give you another and you still didn't spend $2000.

More to the OPs point, I typically avoid any Speedmaster items on our race cars. I've had decent luck with some ProForm items but would not consider internal engine parts. My go-to brand for rocker is Harlad Sharp. Had only one act like it was having issues, sent it back and got a replacement no charge, thank you very much.

This message has been edited by Falcon67 on Dec 6, 2017 7:25 AM

Respond to this message