Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Another option

December 6 2017 at 7:31 PM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to Re: Bones, what is your engine combo?

I'm totally with you re: the long manifolds, man. They look cooler than anything else exhaust-related under the hood of a Galaxie.

what about looking for a partial trade or sale/purchase using your CJ manifolds? Aside from the sporadic price jumps, Repaired 65-67 long manifolds seem to consistently hover at or below $1k as actual selling prices. If CJ manifolds will bring around $700-$800 ( don't follow them but that's what it looks like they're doing on eBay), that's pretty close. Might even find someone with a damaged/repaired set that would trade even for good CJ manifolds. Turning CJ (plus GT manifolds if needed) into 427 Long Manifolds sounds like a good deal to me.

I'm also with you on what they cost. I had to get creative to afford and lucky to find the set I got for my car, but they were the only thing I wanted on it. They look right, even if my plain engine doesn't need them in terms of hp.

And as long as we're speaking truth to power, CJ parts are for smaller cars- not Galaxies.... That's what I think.

Good luck with your hunt.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Long - Bones on Dec 6, 2017, 8:34 PM
  •