Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Whore's Market

December 7 2017 at 5:02 AM

Don  (Login vtdon)
Members

Response to question on the cheap pro comp roller rocker setup

The performance aftermarket is infamously unsophisticated. Very few end users have any concept of geometry, materials, design and manufacturing. Compound the issue with distributors that insist on a 50% margin, the price point precludes a quality product. And to top it off, if a firm seriously engineers a better mouse trap, the competition will knock it off within weeks. I used to design and manufacture high end, Ravigneaux gear sets for Super Gas and Super Comp. The market is now flooded with an inferior, Indian made knock off. Screw em. I will never participate in the automotive aftermarket again. Now have a sideline designing replacement gears for vintage Formula 1, Indy and Can-Am cars. Owners are sophisticated enough to understand what they're buying. For what it's worth, I've run Dove shafts and rockers in my side oiler for 15 years. Have Edlebrock heads, a 294S cam and shell lifters. Run 15W-50 Mobil 1. Flawless operation. Haven't even had to make a valve adjustment in 15 years. However engine was meticulously assembled with custom push rods to insure ideal rocker arm geometry.

Respond to this message   
Responses