Return to Index
Seen a couple failures
January 10 2018 at 4:58 PM
Steel distributor gear reality
Most recent involved a car brought in from out of state. Customer reported very poor running and expected major repair. Distributor gear failed, and partially spun on the shaft.
Respond to this message
The stock gear isn't steel, its cast,will last about
- john vermeersch on Jan 10, 2018, 5:45 PM
- RCV on Jan 10, 2018, 8:19 PM
I would not use bronze.
- Brent Lykins on Jan 11, 2018, 2:55 AM
Bronze: only o.k. for race engines...
- Bob on Jan 11, 2018, 5:00 AM
Good advice from both here, no bronze if you put any miles
- Ross on Jan 11, 2018, 6:36 AM
Brent is spot on , one small point to add
- Faron on Jan 11, 2018, 6:40 AM