Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

my experience

February 9 2018 at 5:26 AM

Don  (Login vtdon)
Members

Response to Does this seem to high?

I had my side oiler freshened by a shop in Fitchburg about 18 years ago. Included dyno time to sort out carbs and timing. Has run flawlessly since. I couldn't be happier. Shop has since been sold to the lead man that did much of the work. No recent feedback to verify current reputation. For reference my freshening included, Edlebrock heads, new cam & lifters, custom JE pistons, rings & bearings, check balance, rod bushings, ARP fasteners, cam chain, gaskets, labor, About $8000.00

Minor advise. Last year I was in very ugly litigation with a home contractor. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER set yourself up to be screwed with time & material charges. ALWAYS get a FIRM written quote. If a shop can not accurately predict cost, they don't have the experience to do the job. Have a contract that deals with every potential element of additional work mutually deemed necessary. In auto restoration such a contract addresses milestone payments as work progresses. That way no rude surprises. I build custom, ultra high precision machine tools and run my business as such. Absolutely no surprises to my customers.

This message has been edited by vtdon on Feb 9, 2018 5:35 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Bite your lip - Leny Mason on Feb 9, 2018, 6:01 AM
  •  
  • x2 - eric on Feb 9, 2018, 6:03 AM
  •