Head gasket optionsFebruary 10 2018 at 7:39 AM
|chillymerc (Login chillymerc)|
I tore down my 390 yesterday, had FelPro 1020s in it. I measured the deck clearance at .015", need to get a bit better straight edge and double check today but let's assume that number sticks.
4.40" HG bore
10cc valve reliefs with TRW 2291 pistons
I come up with 9.14:1 compression
I'm just swapping heads, no machine work or piston swaps in the plan.
I'd like to find a 4.30" HG bore, .030" thickness head gasket, which will give me around 9.4:1
I realize this won't mean much at all for making power, but just figured I have to buy new gasket anyway, may as well help it a little and bring quench in a little tighter.
I can't go Cometic because the deck surface wasn't prepped for them. Edelbrock sells a 4.330 .038" head gasket, anyone know of other options?
- If you have Iron Heads this is an option - Faron on Feb 10, 2018, 8:05 AM
- The old Victor gaskets....... - Blair Patrick on Feb 10, 2018, 8:20 AM
- SCE makes a .039 small bore - Ross on Feb 10, 2018, 4:08 PM
- Thanks - Chillymerc on Feb 10, 2018, 5:39 PM
- Hey chilly - Marc H on Feb 10, 2018, 7:51 PM
- I’ll be running BBMs - chillymerc on Feb 11, 2018, 6:16 AM
- I have a set here, let me get some measurements for you - Ross on Feb 11, 2018, 7:12 AM
- Re: I’ll be running BBMs - Marc H on Feb 11, 2018, 8:08 AM
- Some pics - Ross on Feb 11, 2018, 10:18 AM
- BBM bore size - chillymerc on Feb 12, 2018, 10:07 AM
- Tight - Marc H on Feb 12, 2018, 10:20 AM