Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Need some dimensions, 67 Galaxie FE

February 10 2018 at 10:15 AM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

The 428 is stil on the stand next to my car. If someone here with a later fullsize with FE- probably 66-68 are very similar if not identical to a 67 Galaxie- that is together can provide me with two or three dimensions so I can work on some parts, I would be very appreciative.

I was going to pull a string from top center of back of radiator support near radiator cap, straight across the center of the engine to the center of the body seam/firewall to determine

1- the horizontal front/back location of the stud in the center of the carb
2- if needed, the approx left-right placement of same if the engine is not centered in the bay.
3- the vertical distance from this string to the air filter flange on carb
4- perfect world- I plan to run my 67 PI intake with a 3310-1 Holley, so realize that intake will be
slightly taller than the stock cast iron S intake that's still on my assembled engine. I can
figure that out with parts here, but having the above dimensions from such a car & engine
configuration would help a lot.

I have some time planned with a friend to work on this one in a few weeks and not really ready to stick the engine in just to get these dimensions. Call or email if you don't post them here. click on my website link or carolinasculpture @bellsouth.net.

Thanks in advance.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Responses