Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Another odd thing is that the parking lights now come on with the key on. My wife ran the

February 10 2018 at 7:42 PM

Mike U  (Login mtrain)
Members

Response to Do you live

My wife ran the car into a ditch a week before all of the problems.

After getting the car home I inspected it, took the bumper cover off, and everything is fine.

I pulled the wheels off, and cleaned the wheel sensors, and drove the car around local for about 15 minutes with no problems.

We didn't drive the car again for a few more days, until Christmas eve when we drove around looking at lights. We drove for about 30 minutes, and the engine just died.

One day while I was working on the car I noticed the parking lamps would stay on with the key on. I tried starting the car with them disconnected, but still no luck.

There was a wire on the wheel sensors on the front passenger side that had rubbed to expose wire. I noticed this about a year ago, and tapped it with electrical tape.

I just read the other night where if one of those wheel sensors go bad the ecm will shut down the fuel injectors. I've ordered a new set of wheel sensors, but I can't see how they would be affecting the fuel relay.

Respond to this message   
Responses