Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

I took some measurements of the 7-LITRE for you.

February 11 2018 at 10:04 AM
kleandan  (Login kleandan)

Response to Need some dimensions, 67 Galaxie FE

Button here are the measurements I got off my car. I hope they help.
I am using standard engine mounts, the factory 1966 428 block, iron heads, iron CJ intake, 735cfm CJ carb and a 1" carb spacer.

I used a string from front to rear of engine compartment. The string was attached at the cowl to firewall flange by taping it in the depression that lies under the closed hood. The string was tightly attached to the radiator hold down and run directly over both carb float bowl vents and the center air cleaner mount stud staying in line with the carb float vents and center stud.
I did not want to take my car apart or remove the radiator so I could get to the radiator core support for direct measurements ...so the radiator stayed in the way during measurements.
The measurements were from the string down to the air cleaner mounting flange on the carb with the gasket removed so I would get carb contact.
String down to front carb flange = 2-1/8".
To carb rear flange = 2-3/8".
This was measured at the 90* area where the float vent and air filter flange meet.

I measured from the firewall to carb center stud as well as the radiator core support to carb center stud. I took measurements along both sides of the carb across the air filter mounting flange. Basically where the choke housing and filter flange meet.

Firewall to carb center passenger side = 16-13/16". Drive side = 16-3/4"
Radiator core support to carb center passenger side = 26-1/2". Drive side = 26-9/16"

Last I measured side to side using the carb center stud to inner fender lip keeping parallel with the choke housing.
Passenger side = 26-7/16". Drive side = 27-3/16".

If you have any questions let me know.
I have pondered making this same cowl intake piece but have yet to do so because my Galaxie is not really built to that style. It will look pretty coll when installed though.
Good luck.

Respond to this message   
Responses