Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Re: Kris I dont follow some of this

February 11 2018 at 7:34 PM
Kris  (Login leo390428)
Members

Response to Kris I dont follow some of this

I will do my best to make it more clear. I am talking about running in a "stock" class. NHRA Stock Eliminator. A lot of people I know and race with are trying PI Intakes on their engines. The stock PI they try on the dyno is not making the power that the C8OE-C intake was on their engine. "falls on it's face" use your best guess here....It falls way short, not 30 HP, but about half of that to the cast one. The best intake, in my opinion, wasnt tested for a 428 CJ engine. It might not make the most power with major modifications, but in a Stock class it is superior. The C8OE-9425-A CJ Cast Intake. Super rare, but makes more power than the C8OE-9425-C cast one. I cant post dyno sheets, but I will say that the brother of pro stock Driver Jason Line does the motor and runs the dyno. A LOT has to be tweaked on the engine to get the PI to run close to where the HP is close and the weight is definitely better. I dont know it all, but my dad worked for Ford from 1961-2005. He is still very good friends with two Dearborn Engineers who were part of the CJ program in Dec. '67. Thanks

Respond to this message   
Responses