Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

BLOWER MANIFOLDS

March 20 2002 at 7:13 PM
ANDY  (no login)

I just acquired a GM (hate those letters)6-71 for my 390. Who still makes blower manifolds and who did make them that may be around seconhand. Also will my mallory twin point get in the way. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Big John
(no login)

Blowers

March 20 2002, 7:21 PM 

Hampton is supposed to still make a manifold for the Fe. I believe Dyer will make one and just about any of the sheet metal places will make one, but it will cost you.

Respond to this message   
doug427
(no login)

Blue Thunder Makes Them.

March 20 2002, 7:32 PM 

Blue THunder makes the FE blower manifold. It is the same one that Hampton or BDS will order then sell you. Call a Blue Thunder dealer. Doug427

Respond to this message   
ANDY
(no login)

More?????

March 20 2002, 8:09 PM 

I am in Australia. Do they have a web site? Also any answers to the distributor question?

Respond to this message   
Brent
(Login brentm22)
Members

Blue Thunder Link

March 20 2002, 9:21 PM 

http://www.bluethunderauto.com/

Brent

67 Fairlane 428
71 Ranger XLT 390

Respond to this message   

Faron Rhoads
(Login Faron)
Members

Manifolds and Ign

March 20 2002, 9:30 PM 

Hampton, BDS, and Blue Thunder ,as for Ign if you want to run a Mallory you will need the 2-3inch spacer and perhaps a Crab cap , ( call Don Hampton he will tell you the straight deal ) as for ign I use a Electromotive HPV-1 its Crank triggerd and works great, has rev limiter , adjustable advance curve and coils come with , much less money than going mallory or simalar ( offset Dist ) , E-mail for particulars if you want or post here to share , ( up to you ) Ive had my Blown 390 Setup since spring of 1987 , will NEVER give it up , Later

Respond to this message   
LarryK
(no login)

Ditto

March 21 2002, 10:14 AM 

I still run a stock single point in my set-up. I know...shame on me, but it works fine. I have the 3" spacer under blower to clear cap.

I have Blue thunder intake on mine. I will be updating distributor as time and money come along. As for now it is a cool cruiser, with enough kick to keep the kids away. Let alone the visual impact.

LarryK

Respond to this message   

EDGAR427
(Login edgar427)
Members

BUILD YOUR OWN, I DID !!!!!!!

March 21 2002, 2:16 PM 

GET AN OLD EDELBROCK OR OFFY TWO 4 INTAKE AND HAVE AT IT. I USED EDELBROCK 262 , CUT THE CENTER OUT OF IT, BUILT A BOX WITH A PLATE ON IT. LINED UP THE PULLEYS AND WELDED IT ON. THEN MACHINED THE HELL OUT OF IT SO THE BLOWER WILL SIT FLAT WITH THE CRANK . MINE WILL CLEAR MOST DIST. I USE A 1600MM BELT WITH 58 & 61 TOOTH PULLEYS. HOPE THIS HELPS. BLOWN 390 GOES LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL, EDGAR

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index