Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Harmonic balancer

April 9 2007 at 10:47 AM

Barry Byer  (Login BarryByer)
Members

Does anyone know where or if you can get stock balancers rebuilt? The big CJ style one I have has been oil soaked, cracking the rubber and I want to get it rebuilt. I'm in Vancouver BC.

I realise new, non-SFI ones are available for around $100 in the states but by the we time finish fooling around with Canada customs, shipping, PST and GST I'd be north od $200 most likely.

53 F100, Volare clip, 4 wheel disc 390-wide ratio toploader (428 on the build)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bill
(Login 68SuperCJPony)
Members

That's a tough one Barry

April 9 2007, 11:34 AM 

I had a damper rebuild by "Damper Doctor" but he's in California. By the time you get done again with shipping and the cost of the rebuild your still lookin' at some costs. He rebuilt a rare damper for me that wasn't quite exactly as described by a seller. I can't tell you the cost because the seller picked up the tab on that one. I will say that "Damper Doctor" did a great job and I'm very happy with their work. My damper was rebuilt and sleeved. Bore was shot. Google him and talk to him.

Respond to this message   
Scode67FB
(Login Scode67FB)
Members

Re: That's a tough one Barry

April 9 2007, 12:17 PM 

I think he goes by "Damper Doc." I've seen him at many local swapmeets. He does good work.

Respond to this message   

Barry Byer
(Login BarryByer)
Members

Re: That's a tough one Barry

April 9 2007, 1:59 PM 

Thanks for that, I'll check that for sure if I can't source one locally!

Respond to this message   
Ray Hillebrand
(Login Rhillebrand)
Members

I can look through the pile of balancers I have and send

April 9 2007, 1:39 PM 

you a couple for the cost of shipping if you wish. I am pretty sure I have some with very little cracking, it won't be the proper date code but should work... Lemme know...

Respond to this message   

Barry Byer
(Login BarryByer)
Members

Re: I can look through the pile of balancers I have and send

April 9 2007, 1:57 PM 

Hi Ray, thanks for the offer, the one I have is the big CJ/later model truck (1972 date code C8AE-A2) If you had one of those that would be great! Obviously if you had one that actually had a 1968-1970 date code it would be much more valuable and I wouldn't expect that. I have a couple of the earlier skinny ones and I really don't want to use them. They just looks too puny LOL!

Respond to this message   

Mac
(Login 67428galaxie)
Members

I got a rebuilt one fromThe Damper Doctor

April 9 2007, 3:22 PM 

The price is about 150.00 with a 3 year guarantee.

http://www.damperdoctor.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DD&Category_Code=HAR

67 Galaxie, "Only the important numbers match" 427 Genesis,(468 stroker)roller cam (617 lift) Harland Sharp roller rockers, dual quads,
5 speed Tremec TKO, never on a trailer!

http://www.supermotors.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=1200&s=7941#content

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index