Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tremac TKO 600

May 19 2008 at 3:06 PM
  (Login custom300)
Members

Looking for info and opinions on installing a TKO600 behind a 500 HP FE motor, What bellhousiong? Hydralic T/O bearing? has anyone been down this road?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike U.
(Login mtrain)
Members

TKO600

May 19 2008, 3:58 PM 

I used a standard Lakewood bell for the FE. You WILL need to get the transmission with the shortened input shaft or buy the spacer either way its about the same however the spacer will put the tranny back just a bit.
I bought my Tremec 600 from Modern driveline just tell them you want the shortened input shaft for the Ford application.
As far as the hyd. bearing I just went with a regualar for which MD can also help you......MIke

Respond to this message   

(Login Scode67FB)
Members

Re: Tremac TKO 600

May 19 2008, 4:00 PM 

What's it going into? I think there'll be different best approaches depending on what it's going into and how it'll be used.

Respond to this message   

(Login custom300)
Members

Application

May 19 2008, 5:12 PM 

Street driven 63 Galaxie.

Respond to this message   

(Login hpgalaxie)
Members

Re: Tremac TKO 600

May 19 2008, 6:34 PM 

Hi. I got the long shaft,spacer and am going to use a standard fe bell housing. This way i can use mostly ford parts and go back to a 4speed if and when i want. Mike

Respond to this message   

Charles Logsdon
(Login 57fairlane428)
Members

tremec in 57 fairlane

May 19 2008, 7:32 PM 

I used the short input shaft, c5te bell I think it is a truck bell behind a 428, 12 inch clutch standard 3 arm PP. Engine is around 500 hp. So far all is good. Ross could probably give more details. He was a great doing most of the work assisting me in replacing my top loader.

1957 Fairlane
433 Cobra Jet
5 speed TKO600
9" 3.70 true track

Respond to this message   

(Login kno1)
Members

Tremec....

May 20 2008, 4:49 AM 

I´ve been using TKO600 behind FE now 4 summers. NO WAY I´m going back to Top Loader.
My car is -67 Mustang and the tranny is with shortened input shaft. If I could do it ones again, I would choose "normal" lenght input shaft and use spacer in my car. This would move the shifter more closer to driver. It is now just a bit too far from my hands. Earlier engine was 467 Stroker (427) and today the engine is Shelby block based 511. The tranny has worked flawlessly. On my car driveshaft tunnel needed to lift about one inch higher than normal to gain the space for TKO. My tranny is so called "road race" version with 0.82 fifth gear(part# TCET4617). VERY nice with 3.50:1 rear end gears

Respond to this message   
Mike Gaffney
(Login gaffney1951)
Members

Does anyone know ....

May 20 2008, 1:37 PM 

for sure which shaft length to use with the deeper truck bell? Mike

Respond to this message   
kelly
(Login lowriser)
Members

I think it will accept sbf toploader inputs, correct?

May 20 2008, 4:49 PM 

I find that an interesting notion. Best make sure your flywheel, clutch and driving habits are amenable to a no blowproof bellhousing...

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Tremac TKO 600
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index