Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OT - Valve Spring Cup ID

February 7 2010 at 9:10 PM
Tim Rossol  (Login trossol)

The valve spring cup on the left came on a set of Boss 302 heads that I bought, and I believe they are the same as those used on the 427. I bought the ones on the right for my Boss 351, but four had been ground thinner. Which one is correct for my Boss 351? What is the difference between the two styles?


[linked image]

 Respond to this message   
(Login SSdynosaur)

351 spring cups

February 8 2010, 7:02 AM 

The cup on the right is correct for the Boss. In the mid seventies Ford obsoleted the FE seats (left) and sold the Boss cups as a replacement. The Boss cup had the advantage of a common seat height if you used inner springs. The FE cup can give you problems with an inner spring (not a dampner).

 Respond to this message   
Tim Rossol
(Login trossol)

Thanks for the information n/m

February 8 2010, 5:36 PM 


 Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index