Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FE - King of the Hill

June 16 2012 at 12:43 PM

chuck  (Login fastbacknut)
Members

I just thought of something.....I think the FE is the only engine to win the Daytona 500 (1963,Tiny Lund), the 24 hours of Le Mans (several), NHRA,AHRA,IHRA top fuel and funny car races with numerous drivers and, some races in 1967 SCCA! Right?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chip
(Login Cobrakid)
Members

Not to mention

June 16 2012, 1:29 PM 

Country Squires, Firetrucks, Haybines, Irrigation pumps, Crop fans, and more I am sure...

Respond to this message   
Leland
(Login lhstanford)
Members

Eye Candy at shows too

June 16 2012, 2:58 PM 

My sons 63 1/2 XL draws a crowd at every show.Even with dead and faded white exterior. I uncapped the race readies last weekend and took it to a little local show and a regular there A 55 Nomad w/blown smallblock and radical cam was drowned out as I fired up the ol' 390. Doin' it again tonite ! Gets lots of stares and thumbs up. Leland

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

more wins that that

June 16 2012, 4:23 PM 

Don't forget in the 1963 Daytona 500 the first five cars were all Fords with the new low riser 427.

1965 was Fred Lorenzen in a Galaxie, a Medium Riser probably but didn't they run High Risers in 65 too? Next TWELVE finishers were Fords and Mercs... OK so Chrysler wasn't playing but they still wouldn't have been assured a win.

1967 was Mario Andretti in a TunnelPort Fairlane. Fred Lorenzen was second in another.

1968 was Cale Yarborough in a Tunnel Port Cyclone, second was LeeRoy Yarbrough
in another Cyclone and third was Bobby Allison in a Torino.

1969 was LeeRoy Yarbrough in a Talledega and the Boss 429 wasn't legal yet so that was a 427 again. Third, fourth, sixth, seventh and eighth were Fords.

Respond to this message   
Chip
(Login Cobrakid)
Members

also

June 17 2012, 7:33 AM 

David Pearson muat have had a pretty good ride too...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index