Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

O/T Small Block Galaxie fired up today.

June 30 2012 at 9:59 PM
  (Login hendawg57)
Members

Well, I want to thank all those that gave me advice on getting my Galaxie started. I ended up changing the points, condensor, solenoid, starter and putting the spark plug wires in the right spot. It fired up, blue smoke everywhere(won't have to call the mosquito abatement for a few days), finally got it to idle. No extra noise's from the engine, has a leak somewhere around the muffler. Transmission goes into gear, after putting some ATF Type F fluid in it. Next is to get the brake's sorted out, might have to change the master cylinder and wheel cylinder's. Won't know for sure yet, might work in that tomorrow some. Also, I have acquired a factory AM/FM radio with the slider bar for left to right speakers, plus a factory radio delets plate. I can always put a radio under the dash, but which would be cooler in a Galaxie Convertable, only options that came with the car are P/S and the clock. Going to pick up another bench seat, since the one that was in it is toast. So far, engine run's, wiper's work, convertable top worked, need to figure out what wire I disconnected, so it will work again, tail lights come on when the want(while swith is out), that's about it so far. I am pretty happy with the progress I am making.

1957 Fairlane 500
1965 Custom Sedan
1965 Galaxie Convertable

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login ScotiaFE)
Members

Good Stuff...

July 1 2012, 6:42 AM 

Now all you have to do is pull it all out and stuff a FE in there. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - O/T Small Block Galaxie fired up today.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index