Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Searching for fuel line for 66 Galaxie.

August 10 2012 at 12:21 PM
cleandan  (Login cleandan)
Members

I am working on the fuel system for my 1966 7-LITRE Galaxie. One item I am having trouble finding is replacement fuel line for the long run from tank to engine compartment. The original line is some sort of plastic and 5/16" that I assume used to be clear or at least only slightly yellow. I know about metal lines that I can custom fit and also about the rubber lines I can get at any parts store. I would like to replace the line with original style line except in 3/8" but I do not know where to find this stuff.
So far I have tried Green Sales...nothing. Dennis Carpenter...nothing. Dearborn Classics...nothing. So what do you guys suggest for a long lived fuel line replacement?
Thanks and have a great day.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login olschoolsteel)
Members

When in doubt

August 10 2012, 12:58 PM 

try these guys. Its addicting for me. Once i went there, i became a repeat customer.

http://www.houseofhose.com/

Respond to this message   

(Login whammyster)
Members

inline tube

August 10 2012, 1:00 PM 

If you still have the original, they can model a new one. http://inlinetube.com

Respond to this message   

Beoweolf
(Login beoweolf)
Members

InLine tube lines makes a OEM style metal ....my '65 Galaxie

August 10 2012, 1:08 PM 

ordered, installed it several years ago. It was was available in 5/16 and the High performance 3/8 dia. The only problem is installation. They also stock factory pre bent brake lines... again that assumes the 66 is same as 65.

Factory installation is done on the bare frame, before the body is installed. It is nearly impossible to install fuel line correctly with the body in place. I say nearly impossible because there is always one individual who can find a way to do anything that is impossible...if they try long enough, hard enough - just to prove a point.

... Labor Omnia Vincit ..

This message has been edited by beoweolf on Aug 10, 2012 1:14 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login 65Galaxie394)

Yep, you will have to attach to the inner rocker panel, inside the frame

August 13 2012, 3:45 PM 

with plastic clips unless you remove the body. I am going to switch back to 3/8 or 7/16 metal line, but right now I have textile braid AQP FC-332-08 that just right at 1/2 ID diameter with all soft anodized AN fitments and a Holley Blue. I am going to go steel and textile braid with hard anodized AN and pipe fittings in -06. I put an aluminum sumped fuel cell in the trunk with a hole in the floor for the sump instead of trying to get a '66 tank to fit a '65. It will work very well, but I have to bulkhead it and fill it through with the trunk open. The roll over valve goes through a grommet I made in one of the floor drains.

Respond to this message   

(Login 65Galaxie394)

Yep, you will have to attach to the inner rocker panel, inside the frame

August 13 2012, 3:45 PM 

with plastic clips unless you remove the body. I am going to switch back to 3/8 or 7/16 metal line, but right now I have textile braid AQP FC-332-08 that just right at 1/2 ID diameter with all soft anodized AN fitments and a Holley Blue. I am going to go steel and textile braid with hard anodized AN and pipe fittings in -06. I put an aluminum sumped fuel cell in the trunk with a hole in the floor for the sump instead of trying to get a '66 tank to fit a '65. It will work very well, but I have to bulkhead it and fill it through with the trunk open. The roll over valve goes through a grommet I made in one of the floor drains.

Respond to this message   

(Login chris401)
Members

Dennis Carpenter

August 10 2012, 5:14 PM 

Has helped me with both my 65 F-100 and F-250. Espescialy Ivan and Rodney. Apparantly the 1st year Twin I-Beam parts and info were a Ford secret. DC also handles the Galaxie. Check them if the others dont work out.
Chris

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Searching for fuel line for 66 Galaxie.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index