Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Idea's or pictures of back seat removed.

April 17 2017 at 11:18 AM

Stacey  (Login Staceyanddee)
Members

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 61 Falcon. If I put in a back seat it will never be sat on. If 4 of us want to cruise we'll take my Cyclone. I'm trying to visualize a utility type of covering with perhaps compartment's under a shelf for storage and maybe a type of luggage rack on that to keep the cooler in place etc. Pictures of other idea's would be great.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
eric
(Login wwyin62)
Members

do what they did with

April 17 2017, 11:39 AM 

the business coupes in the '40s & '50s. Make the floor a platform just high enough to cover the drive shaft hump. Leave enough for the seat to go all the way back & cover it with some nice diamond plate.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by wwyin62 on Apr 17, 2017 11:57 AM

Respond to this message   

Leny Mason
(Login LENYM)
Members

1966 Shelby

April 17 2017, 12:16 PM 

They did not have a back seat a place for the spare tire look at one of those to see what they did for ideas. Leny Mason

Respond to this message   
Cory
(Login 427Fastback)
Members

Re: 1966 Shelby

April 17 2017, 12:59 PM 

Pretty sure every 66 Shelby came with a back seat but it was folded down so it was a deck.65 GT 350R's had the package tray instead of the folding rear seat..
You can always look at the 68-70 AMX's as they were produced with no rear seats..

Respond to this message   
Randy
(Login 161854)
Members

It was the '65 that..

April 17 2017, 3:35 PM 

had the spare tire inside because the battery was in the trunk where the tire was supposed to be. For '66 the seat became an option ( that most cars got) and the "package tray design changed to a shorter "ribbed" version. I have one of them in my '66 GT350 for the weight savings and the original back seat is safely stored for the next owner to deal with.

The picture in the above post of the business coupe is how "I" would do the Falcon if I had it. Nice , clean , simple. It could be done with vynil covered aluminum on the back and vynil covered thin plywood on the bottom in case you needed to carry anything back there.

Respond to this message   

Stacey
(Login Staceyanddee)
Members

I did a 289 transplant into a 50 or 51 business coupe

April 17 2017, 12:20 PM 

way back when I was a lot younger and a lot tougher. I couldn't remember the layout of it, thanks.

I would like to see some modern adaptation's. This thing is anything but stock so there are no guidelines to adhere to.

Respond to this message   
Falcon
(Login 62Falcon390)
Members

i was thinking

April 17 2017, 3:51 PM 

of boxing this piece in my trunk between the cage

[linked image]

and making a trap door in the back seat panel and have a cubby/storage hatch

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Jim V
(Login 69Chop1)
Members

1966 Shelby rear seat delete

April 18 2017, 5:27 AM 

I used a 1966 Shelby rear seat delete in my 69 Mustang fastback. 66 has ribs down the middle and doesn't have the buldge for the spare time. Don't know how much trimming would have to be done to fit a Falcon.

Respond to this message   
Cammerfe
(Login ectarecordholder)
Members

Back in....

April 18 2017, 9:57 AM 

1966, Gratiot Auto had the fibreglas decks that could be substituted for the fold-down rear seat. I put one in my '65 Mustang. I also got a Shelby hood. Final weight was right at 2800 pounds on the scale at Milan.

KS

Respond to this message   

Larry Hampton
(Login 1320lane)
Members

same but different....

April 18 2017, 11:32 AM 

30 years ago when I was more into car audio I knew a guy that made a seatback out of plywood frames and black speaker cloth as he had mounted subwoofers behind it. It was a '68 Mustang coupe with tinted windows and black interior, he just hung it on the seat hangers. Later when we all wised up, he pulled the subs and put the seat back on.

Respond to this message   

Stacey
(Login Staceyanddee)
Members

I won't compromise any of the stock mount's.

April 18 2017, 3:08 PM 

It will all be easily retrofitted to the original.

I plan on doing a cross country tour with it and utility will be important. Not only that, I plan on keeping it in the stable.

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

another idea

April 18 2017, 7:15 PM 

My Consul Capri has a seat-ish thing in the back. Not really a seat, it's back is a piece of plywood with thin foam and vinyl upholstery over it, the base is plywood with carpet on it, stock from Ford.
Makes it look finished and could be used as a seat if needed.

This isn't mine but here's what they look like.
[linked image]

This message has been edited by tomposthuma on Apr 18, 2017 7:15 PM

Respond to this message   

Stacey
(Login Staceyanddee)
Members

I like the vinyl/carpet blend, thanks. n/m

April 19 2017, 3:36 AM 

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

Rubber floor covering Idea Ive been considering

April 19 2017, 5:25 AM 

I really like the rubber floor covering that the police cars and some trucks had, but know availability can be an issue.

Between the magic paint/spray on rubber stuff they sell on TV to make a boat out of a screen door and the various rubberized bed liner products, I have thought I could use some type of fabric base fitted to the floor that is then brushed (less mess) with rubber stuff. Once it sets and takes a shape, it could be removed and sprayed out of the vehicle if a more pebble-type texture is desired.

I would line the floor with wax paper, craft paper or similar so the jute, canvas, whatever fabric & rubber doesn't stick to the floor. Pretty simple to make a few tucks or overlapped pieces to get a tight fit before the rubber is applied. Laying open weave jute over a tighter fabric may help with create a more desirable surface texture.

This was a plan for my red car, before I found great original carpet... It would be a great way to do the open floor of a rear seat delete imho.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
kelly
(Login lowriser)
Members

other ideas

April 19 2017, 11:16 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index