Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

410 camshaft recommendation

April 17 2017 at 8:21 PM
Robby  (Login Forddude)
Members

Hi FE world. Just wondering what cam you all think I should use. Its a 410 .030 over forged trw piston passenger car nothing special piston other than forged. The heads are non ported C4AE with cobra jet valves. Performer intake and holley 750 vacuum. 67 mustang street car C6 trans with about 2000 2500 rpm stall converter 3.50 gears and 26 inch tall rear tire. The heads are set up for .550 max lift. he has the ebay junk roller rocker setup( I know don't use them) but its what he is stuck on ??? It will be a hydraulic flat tappet cam and will get some good pushrods. He was thinking comp 280h. but maybe a little something more??? No power brakes thankfully. It will have hooker super comp street headers on it. I suggested bullet or isky for a cam. Does anyone have a well known cam that sounds good and pulls hard for this hotrod? Nothing to crazy radical and really don't want any of the thumper cams just to many copy cats out there lol. Well anyway thanks in advance all. P.S. I almost have the 482 s.o. back together to put on the run in stand to test the oil pressure again.

This message has been edited by Forddude on Apr 17, 2017 8:23 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

Best sound in the world

April 17 2017, 10:58 PM 

Respond to this message   
Rick Wanner
(Login LargeRickhead66)
Members

Re: 410 camshaft recommendation

April 18 2017, 12:20 PM 

You might like a Crower Hi-Draulic Hauler #16255. Grind 280HDP Advertised 280/288, 224/232@.050 .549/.550 on 108* Lobe Centers

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login hotrodfeguy2)
Members

Re: 410 camshaft recommendation

April 18 2017, 6:23 PM 

Respond to this message   
Robby
(Login Forddude)
Members

Thank you all.... I like the

April 19 2017, 4:19 PM 

Crower specs the best and will recommend it it him.

Respond to this message   

Kevin66
(Login Kevin66.)
Members

Hhhmmm?

April 22 2017, 5:16 PM 

Not that it hasn't been done before (by myself too), this sounds more like a 'hodge-podge'than a well thought out engine package.
IMO, unless you've misquoted on the manifold ("Performer intake"?), sitting a 750 cfm on top of a 5,000 RPM intake is not going to help make HP...just produce poorer throttle response and gas mileage.
The car's not that heavy...the 3.50 gears are 'OK', and the torque converter will help get it all going...but a good part of the benefit of the CJ valves in those large port heads will be wasted when the intake runs out of breath.
If that's how it's going to be, then I'd suggest a Comp 275DEH cam, and try a 650 cfm carb. At about 10ยบ more timing than the stock CJ cam, you can run it to 6,000, but it'll work better letting the C6 do full-throttle upshifts at 5,400-5,600 RPM. The dual-pattern design will help the exhaust side work better, which in turn will help the intake side.
Again, just my opinion.
"In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they are not!"

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index