Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Real 68 1/2 CobraJet Mustang for Sale in Oregon

April 20 2017 at 6:28 PM
jgkurz  (Login jgkurz)
Members

I know a little about this car. The auction is for the body only. It is completely disassembled and has been protected inside for years. Supposedly all other parts including the 428CJ are available for purchase at another shop. I don't know if the price is high or low but I do know it would be a HUGE project. In my opinion it's a very rare pony. I hope it goes to a good home. Call Hess Auto Body for more details. (503) 662-3381. I don't know anything more than what is posted here.

PUBLIC NOTICE

PERSUANT TO ORS CHAPER 87 Notice is hereby given that the following vehicle will be sold, for cash to the highest bidder, on 4/25/17. The sale will be held at 10:00 am HESS AUTO BODY 137 W 3rd Yamhill, OR 97148 1968 Ford Mustang VIN = 8FO2R192258 AMOUNT DUE ON LIEN $20,700.00. NR Published April 14, 21, 2017

https://newsregister.com/article?ArticleName=legal-notices

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by jgkurz on Apr 21, 2017 8:00 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login BBFTorino)
Members

Way too expensive!!

April 20 2017, 7:04 PM 

You'll have another $25k into by the time its done, and be lucky if it sells for $40k

Respond to this message   
jgkurz
(Login jgkurz)
Members

Worth more than 40K when done

April 20 2017, 7:13 PM 

A numbers matching 68 1/2 CJ will go for north of 40K. The better the restore the higher the value.

This message has been edited by jgkurz on Apr 20, 2017 7:21 PM

Respond to this message   

Mike U.
(Login mtrain)
Members

Yes, number matching would be worth $$ however, I wonder what they are going to ask for th

April 21 2017, 4:32 PM 

The sticky wicket is the price they are going to ask for the number matching engine that came in the car? $20k, $30k?

That would make a Hell of a difference in the final cost to restore that car.

Respond to this message   
pmw
(Login PmW-SOHC)
Members

I wonder if the mentioned drivetrain is original to the car....

April 22 2017, 6:29 PM 

I dont know the story on the car but if its in the hands of the previous owner and he's sour that he lost his body , the price could be through the roof as he tries to recoup some of his losses . obviously a numbers driveline is worth more to the owner of whoever ends up with the body than anyone else on the planet . and the present owner of the drivetrain will know that . could turn into a very expensive venture

This message has been edited by PmW-SOHC on Apr 22, 2017 6:31 PM

Respond to this message   
PetesPonies
(Login PetesPonies)
Members

Much higher, $40 K won't buy . . .

April 23 2017, 3:30 PM 

a 68 1/2' Mustang.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

I'm betting the total price won't be low...

April 20 2017, 7:09 PM 

By the time you win the first real (legal) auction to get the car, the second private sale pseudo-auction could easily separate the wheat from the chaff.

Maybe whomever has the other parts won't unfairly leverage the situation. knowing the value of the car is significantly dependent upon those unique original parts is quite a chance to make a buck, be difficult or maybe even both. Buying the body as the highest bidder while only hoping to be able to complete it with the vehicle's original (if it actually is?) is a big gamble imho.

Regardless, that is a very cool car.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
jgkurz
(Login jgkurz)
Members

You nailed it

April 20 2017, 7:14 PM 

Getting the other parts will be the key to success

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login BBFTorino)
Members

If you have to chase parts....

April 20 2017, 7:17 PM 

That's where the ridiculous expense REALLY gets you1!

Respond to this message   
Cory
(Login 427Fastback)
Members

Re: If you have to chase parts....

April 20 2017, 8:57 PM 

Who cares...Its a CJ Fastback and its a real one...A repo Dynacorn body is $15,000.A junk fastback is $10,000 and may not have numbers and any parts.A body resto costs how much?????.I would buy it tomorrow if was in the market for another car..Unless its a factory pink auto with a tan interior I still think its worth it...JMO..

Respond to this message   
Ben
(Login BH107)
Members

I saw another on earlier today

April 20 2017, 8:54 PM 

It was on CL in the bay area I believe, but its gone now. $60k for a 68-1/2 CJ Fastback in pieces. It was repainted and ready for assembly, obviously a project someone lost interest or funding for.

Respond to this message   
Lance
(Login 428kidd)
Members

Ben that car was listed

April 21 2017, 5:59 AM 

before and discussed some on the Cobra jet forum here is a link
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6097535171.html

This message has been edited by 428kidd on Apr 21, 2017 6:00 AM

Respond to this message   
Randy
(Login 161854)
Members

A 68.5 from San Jose is...

April 21 2017, 9:12 AM 

a rare car. 171 made. Couple that with coming from one of the premier ( then) Ford dealers it raises the value. Mine came from Foulger Ford as well. Chuck Foulger was directly involved with the whole 428CJ program when he worked for Ford. They sold at least two light weight "135 cars" there too.
Randy

Respond to this message   
dan
(Login hbstang)
Members

highest bidder

April 20 2017, 9:27 PM 

maybe the lien is not the reserve.i sold one in 2008 for for 22k and it was not as nice as this one,needed complete restoration and no engine.at least it looks like a lot of work has been done,and thats what you are bidding on.

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

Lien vs reserve

April 21 2017, 4:11 AM 

The two do not necessarily dictate each other. That $20k lien is a discretionary reserve. The provider asserts that amount is owed. He could sell it for at a well advertised public auction to the highest bidder $1 if he wants the money instead of the car or decide to keep the vehicle if the lien amount is not realized at sale. Usually the property is released for whatever it will bring. Given this is a valuable item, he might hold out for the whole amount so he can do something else with it- keep it, sell it or whatever.

A lien is a legal structure serving as a firewall between the delinquent party and the service provider to allow the service provider to reclaim specific clarified compensation for services provided. Prior notice of charges has to be provided before fees can be charged, then sufficiently publicly advertised so that the delinquent party or their representatives has full opportunity to resolve the matter before the service provider has legal grounds to dispose of the property. Laws vary, but if the lien value is surpassed at public sale, the delinquent party may be entitled to any overage realized by the sale. Otherwise, claiming a lien of inflated value could be used to essentially steal property.

We spoke with a magistrate recently regarding potential storage charges on some machine equipment. He said that written notice must be provided and the party notified has five days to remove the property before storage fees begin. Until formal, specific notice of reasonable (legal) storage charges and related information is provided, there is no basis to charge a storage fee- even if many years have passed (exactly our situation).

I also spoke with a custom car builder last month. We discussed stalled projects eating up floor space. He said the going rate for indoor storage was $1/sf of space per day and that a number of his peers said they paid their overhead via such storage fees on stalled projects. A disassembled car, boxes of parts and such eat up a lot of shop space. $1/sf per day sounds high to me (may or not be a legal amount to charge) but if notification is given at Day 1 it would certainly provide a starting point for a fee schedule during a long resto project.

Seized property is different than liens. When the police seize it and sell it, it's all theirs. Most lien sales fall short of the claimed damages and the provider takes whatever they can get so they can move on.. But most lien sales don't include a 68 1/2 CJ..
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

60 Starliner FS in Oregon

April 20 2017, 10:21 PM 

Saw an ad in the paper "Buys Galore, April 12, 2017"

I don't know anything about the car, but add says: 60 Starliner, 2 door hard top, 352 Auto, needs restorations, runs great $9500.541-601-6112, Chiloquin.

There was also a 76 pinto wagon. Claimed 30k miles, $2500, 530-4595462, eagle point. Among other classics for sale.

This message has been edited by TorinoBP88 on Apr 20, 2017 10:22 PM

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

There is a guy trying to sell a 428 Torino in the SF Bay Area

April 21 2017, 7:05 AM 

He had the car in various states of disrepair,
Has been asking 19,900 for it for several years.... it never sells.

Respond to this message   
Ben
(Login BH107)
Members

Big price difference

April 21 2017, 1:36 PM 

Torino and a 68-1/2 CJ mustang aren't even in the same bracket! Heck there are 390 Mustang Fastbacks that sell for more than CJ Torinos

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

I dont disagree, but it interesting to see what moves and what doent. nm.

April 26 2017, 9:18 AM 

n

Respond to this message   
R
(Login RainyDaysAndMondays)
Members

Where did the $20K go on this project?

April 21 2017, 12:06 PM 

Looks like a Dynacorn body would have been the cheaper route. With all the new metal showing in the pictures, maybe that's all it is?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index