Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1961 Falcon front suspension conversion.

May 18 2017 at 12:26 PM

Stacey  (Login Staceyanddee)
Members

Strut Rod question. 1961 Falcon. Measurement needed. I bought this as someone else's project. It has been converted to the 5 lug front and he said he used Mustang parts. In 1983 I used the whole front suspension from a 65 mustang and put it under a 62 Comet. I remember keeping the Comet strut rods because they were adjustable. I had stripped this 61 apart and have been doing a detailed resto. I put the suspension back under and when I went to install the strut rods I found that 1, they are 22 3/8" in length and 2, the mounting holes for the control arm are 1 1/4" on the strut rods and 1 1/2" on the lower control arm's. He egged the holes in the control arms and downsized the bolts to get it together. I first need the measurements from the OE strut rods to make sure that is what I have.

After some digging I see that 62 Falcon/Comet is the same as 64/6 Stang. Length?

Now the really effed up part. These lower control arm's have press in ball joints. WTF?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
hpgalaxie
(Login hpgalaxie)
Members

Re: 1961 Falcon front suspension conversion.

May 18 2017, 1:38 PM 

Stacey I have a 60 Ranchero converted to V8 stuff. Mustang is the easiest to get. I cannot check measurement's until later. I also have a 65 Ranchero V8 car. I won't use both but I'm in central California I think you are on the other coast.
http:i305.photo

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login BBFTorino)
Members

Make it easy

May 18 2017, 3:20 PM 

Use a R&C motorsports Mustang II front end kit. Get modern steering, suspension and brakes all in one package and eliminate the intrusive shock towers to free up a lot of room!!
Its well worth the money and effort.

Respond to this message   

SW
(Login Staceyanddee)
Members

Found a pair. n/m

May 19 2017, 8:19 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index