Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Intake manifold value questions

May 19 2017 at 4:04 PM
FERoadster  (Login FERoadster)
Members

Might need to fund another project. If the value isn't there I'll just sit on them and cancel the project.

1: New BT 2X4 still in the plastic -- I understand they are hard to find.
2: New in box Performer RPM
3: Performer RPM mounted but never run.
4: Streetmaster clean (it's been blasted) no issues at all.
5: Edelbrock F427 clean (it's also been blasted) no issues.
6: Performer 390 just ok, dirty condition no stripped holes but erosion at rear water passages.
Thanks for any input.

Richard >>> FERoadster

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick
(Login fordloverracing)
Members

Interested in the BT 2x4v manifold if you decide to sell

May 19 2017, 4:37 PM 

Could you give me a price when you decide. Thanks, Rick
rbt3246(at)bellsouth.net
zip 37737

Respond to this message   
Dustin
(Login HarleyJack)
Members

Value

May 19 2017, 4:40 PM 

I think you numbered them in order of value HAHAHA. You name the price, not us! Can tell you around here (AR)regular performer will do good to bring $150 unless you find someone "less educated" on FE intakes.

Respond to this message   
winr1
(Login winr1)
Members

Not sure on the BT intake ...

May 19 2017, 4:59 PM 

This message has been edited by winr1 on May 19, 2017 5:13 PM

Respond to this message   
paulie
(Login Paul_Lovett)
Members

Seems like you're fishing.

May 19 2017, 6:54 PM 

You have six intake manifolds for sale and can't name a price on even one, but you say "if the value isn't there I'll just sit on them"?

Figure out your asking prices and list it in the classifieds.

JMO,

paulie

Respond to this message   
Drew Pojedinec
(Login DeepRoots78)
Members

Re: Intake manifold value questions

May 19 2017, 7:18 PM 

Fair pricing:

1: New BT 2X4 still in the plastic -- I understand they are hard to find.
$750
2: New in box Performer RPM
$350
3: Performer RPM mounted but never run.
$250
4: Streetmaster clean (it's been blasted) no issues at all.
$250
5: Edelbrock F427 clean (it's also been blasted) no issues.
$275
6: Performer 390 just ok, dirty condition no stripped holes but erosion at rear water passages.
$100

Respond to this message   
paulie
(Login Paul_Lovett)
Members

I'd go higher on #2, #3, and #5.

May 19 2017, 7:25 PM 

What the hell difference does it make? I'm not selling the damn things. Somebody else is going to have a different opinion. When someone won't give you a price on something they're trying to sell to you, they are generally hoping you will offer too much, and that they can take advantage of your ignorance.

JMO,

paulie

Respond to this message   
winr1
(Login winr1)
Members

FERoadster would not take advantage of anyone ...

May 19 2017, 7:55 PM 

He wishes a round about worth to decide to sell or not

Ricky.

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

No kidding- he's not going to screw anyone

May 20 2017, 3:33 AM 

Great guy and more than generous. No reason to question his ethic for asking a simple question so he doesn't come off like some nut job c/l flipper.

The BT- no clue to value. The others- Drew's numbers look reasonable as selling prices. Some might bring a little more in the right circumstances but add in shipping and the deal gets wrecked......
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Drew Pojedinec
(Login DeepRoots78)
Members

Re: FERoadster would not take advantage of anyone ...

May 20 2017, 3:34 AM 

Richard is indeed a fantastic individual and I took this post at face value. He has a massive collection of parts but if he loves that F427 maybe he doesn't want to let it go for $300.....

Good luck sir.

and yeah, shipping is a killer.
I can get a Performer RPM shipped free from Summit for $424. If I were to buy one for $350 and it cost $40 to ship it, well..... that is what it is. Quoting ebay for pricing on an intake that has been listed for $500 for the last 3 years isn't exactly a good judge of value. Thus why I called mine "fair pricing" ie, if I needed one tomorrow, I would pay that amount within 10% without issue nor complaint.
This doesn't take into account things like "I had my heart set on a BT 2x4 MR for the last 4 years and can't get one, I'll pay anything just to complete my project" scenarios, you cannot figure for that.

Personally, I'm waiting for Richard's "Valve cover fire sale." I'm just hoping I have some funding available when/if that ever happens.

This message has been edited by DeepRoots78 on May 20, 2017 5:04 AM

Respond to this message   
paulie
(Login Paul_Lovett)
Members

I'm glad to hear it.

May 20 2017, 9:03 AM 

I hope he figures out the price he deems worth it, to him, to sell them for, and he lists it in the classifieds.

JMO,

paulie

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

shipping , eBay

May 20 2017, 9:22 PM 

Yes, have to account for the shipping and the fact that anything still new but previously owned loses value.
eBay isn't a very good guide, even final value. Example there would be the Hot Wheels car that went for $15,000 or the dozen 1948 Hot Rod magazines that were $4000 each on average. Fifty times more than their worth. Probably money laundering or possibly someone with Barrett Jackson "drunken billionaire syndrome".

This message has been edited by tomposthuma on May 20, 2017 9:24 PM

Respond to this message   
Jack Tindle
(Login JacksFordParts)
Members

I think Drew's prices are very accurate...

May 20 2017, 6:25 AM 

The BT I would price higher because they are difficult to source. I have one I would not sell because it's to difficult to replace if I needed to. I would hope this is a place a person could poll the masses to find an accurate market value of things. I surely do not take offense to it and view it as the same idea behind me asking a Carb problem, or similar, if I'm not very knowledgeable in that area. I'm asking for help from people who have more knowledge in a particular area that I do not. Now fishing around for price is something different than asking for a range on the current market value of things. FYI those F 427 intakes are hard to sell in my experience.

This message has been edited by JacksFordParts on May 20, 2017 6:26 AM

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login cool67)
Members

Performer RPM intake

May 20 2017, 8:44 AM 

I'd be very interested if you priced it and it was a fair price.Can't sell it without a price.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index