Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mallory Distibutor follow up

June 14 2017 at 7:03 PM
John  (Login MaSnaka)
Members

Follow up-from 6/5/2017
I replaced my module for the Mallory Dist., replaced the coil, checked all connectors insured I was getting a good ground, charged the battery while it was disconnected. Car started right up. I drove it about 7 freeway miles, engine is running great until Iam cruising along the off ramp under light acceleration and it died. I got the ride of shame home inside a tow truck. Guess now I will replace the MSD. Also this time there is no restarting after a cool down. More to come....

John

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Falcon
(Login 62Falcon390)
Members

mallory

June 15 2017, 1:29 AM 

happened to me with my Mallory too.. ended up replacing my msd box, got a msd 8594 dist.. new battery, new alt, new starter, new new new,etc... after all that replacing,, still did the same thing.. walked away from the car for a week, thought it over I was missing something. then figured out my 3G alternator was wired wrong, by myself of course.. Rewired my alternator and thing works like a champ now. all that time and money wasted on a wrong wire..

hope you get it figured soon
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Falcon67
(Login Falcon67)
Members

Run Mallory controls, not distributors

June 15 2017, 2:50 PM 

I run MSD with Mallory controls on the door cars - never any problems. In the distant past, didn't care much for Mallory distributors.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index