Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Message for Tommy T

June 15 2017 at 1:04 PM
robert cianci  (Login rjcianci)
Members

OnJan 24 this year you responded to my post about tranny cooler. I am going with B & M racing supercooler. In your answer you stated to get some black push lock AN fittings #6 push lock hose and adel clamps. Im not of the AN well versed in AN fitting nor #6 push lock hose,know what adel clamps are. Can you recall the particulars of the AN size and the size of #6 push lock hose Thx. Bob.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Tommy-T
(Select Login Tommy-T)
Members

#6an is 3/8...

June 15 2017, 4:46 PM 

...which is a little bigger than the factory 5/16 lines.

I like the B&M stacked plate SuperCoolers too. It's probably easier to look into the Summit, Jegs, or Speedway catalog to see all of the parts you need in one place.

I forget exactly what size the fitting is in a C4/C6, but I'm thinking 3/8 inverted flair. Somebody please correct me if I'm incorrect. You can buy that fitting to 6an and you are on your way. In the Summit catalog Fragola probably has the least expensive good quality hose and fittings. I have used their push lock stuff for engine oil and transmission oil coolers several times with no issues. It's much less hassle to use than steel braided, and A LOT less trouble than bending up steel lines. Be sure to stay clear of moving suspension parts, and use heat shielding wrap if close to exhaust parts.

I personally bypass the radiator cooler if I'm using a large external cooler.

An adel clamp is what many refer to as a cushion clamp.

On edit, with the large Super Cooler (13x11.5 1 1/2 thick) you'll need some 1/2" pipe to #6an adapters too.

This message has been edited by Tommy-T on Jun 15, 2017 4:52 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index