June 18 2017, 9:16 AM 

[linked image][linked image]

Respond to this message   
Drew Pojedinec
(Login DeepRoots78)
Members

Re: Thanks, now leave me alone. ;-). Nm

June 18 2017, 9:49 AM 

The "leave me alone" comment is funny.... but on another note.
As I watch my little kids rapidly grow up (14 and 17 now), I'm struck with the feeling that I wish they wouldn't leave me alone.
I know that there is precious little time left before their own lives take them to exciting things and places and away from me.

Or maybe I've just been at sea for 26 days and am ready to go home.... either way, it gives me perspective.

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

Way too fast

June 18 2017, 10:58 AM 

3? Yrs ago, we took a long road trip in the F350. Wife, 10 yr old daughter and me together on the front seat. After getting good advice from Drew (thanks, man) I put the truck back on the road last week and we the same thing again with a lanky 13 yr old that's taller than her mother.

It won't last much longer, so we're enjoying it while we can. She got me a rather tacky Indian blanket steering wheel cover for my other truck for Father's Day to replace the now-tattered penguin-covered steering wheel cover she picked out as a 4 or 5 yr old because she knew that "my daddy loves penguins, just like I do..."

Being a father is pretty great times, even when they're not..
[linked image]

1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
winr1
(Login winr1)
Members

Happy Fathers Day yall !! ... I know the feeling, Grandson is almost 18 .. N/M

June 18 2017, 7:42 PM 

.. and I had Children late in life

Ricky.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index