Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

67 R-Code Fairlanes

August 7 2017 at 7:59 PM
jay cushman  (Login cushmancomp)
Members

I just bought my old 67 R-Code XL500 back after 30 years. Is there any websites or registries for these cars? Anybody have any NOS trim for this car?

Jay Cushman
207 749 3307

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Andy
(Login 66FAIRLANE)
Members

A few pics wouldn't hurt Jay. :) nm

August 7 2017, 8:12 PM 

nm
IMG_3140

Respond to this message   

John
(Login john67427)
Members

R codes

August 7 2017, 8:16 PM 

Jay,
Very familiar with R codes has a registry and possible parts

This message has been edited by john67427 on Aug 8, 2017 1:42 PM

Respond to this message   
Mercougar67
(Login Mercougar67)
Members

3 x registries

August 8 2017, 2:34 PM 

Randy Honkala and Pete Robinson also claim to be the Registrars (or did at one time) I contacted Cory about my car but he was only interested in me giving him information, unlike other registries that share info so as to help other owners. Cory bought all the Marti reports (copies) of the R code and W code Fairlanes and Comets from Randy. Randy has retained all his original reports and photos but makes them available for $1500.

Bottom line.....there does not appear to be any legitimate registry.

Respond to this message   
cory
(Login fairlanenut)
Members

Re: 3 x registries

August 9 2017, 5:40 AM 

I share info if have any on these cars if have it to share, I don't share info on other owners cars. I am putting registery together to put on internet yes its taking awhile but I have to make a living as well as raise family so taking time. I did buy all that from randy and to my knowledge he is not selling anyone else this info. email me anytime as don't remember your car obviously I had no info on it to give you.

Respond to this message   

R
(Login 427RComet)
Members

Re: 3 x registries

August 9 2017, 10:21 PM 

Mercougar67 (Ray Bischkoff). Cory has the Registry and all info. And false info. I do not have the original reports.
False info also, I never had any reports on any fairlane other than cars I owned.

By the way how is that 427 Comet Rust Bucket coming along? Did you end up doing a full rebody? Or just firewall back?

Respond to this message   
Ray Bischoff (248) 867-35 Two Two
(Login Mercougar67)
Members

Long overdue topic

August 10 2017, 1:13 PM 

The existence of a 427 Medium Riser Registry is overdue. I'll provide a bit of history to my prior comment in hopes of keeping this positive and constructive. I was trying to answer Jay's question about the existence of a Registry.

I January of this year, Corey and I spoke of a Registry. I provided him with outline documents and insight of the Cougar GTE Registry in hopes of advancing the cause. This came after he acknowledged he bought "the information" from Randy regarding known facts, pictures and Marti reports of the 1967 R & W code Fairlanes. Prior to Corey buying "the information" I expressed an interest in "the information" in hopes of starting a Registry. I bailed from the transaction after learning I would only be sold copies, not originals, of "the information". I am not calling Randy any names nor do I want his name disparaged. I want to count him among my friends. I have found him to be among the most knowing and caring for these cars of all the people I have witnessed. Randy's input into developing a Registry will be paramount. I do ask that he review his notes and records of our emails, conversations and exchanged pictures and retract his statement(above) that I have spread false information. My digital records, notes and pictures still exist.

The conversation I had with Corey confirmed he would be starting a Registry after he could develop an on-line presence. I'm good with this and offer my support. I have a passion for these cars and would like their history to be documented and remembered.

My belief is that a Registry should be made available to people in the community not for profit, but for the advancement of the cars and their contribution to the muscle car era.

I have given a good deal of thought to the idea of this registry. I would like to be a part of the solution. This sort of thing only works if there is utmost honesty and integrity in it's operation. Your thoughts?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index