Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

cam bolt washer

August 8 2017 at 11:02 AM
john tolliver  (Login jwtdvm)
Members

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse but can someone give me the actual dimensions of a cam bolt washer for an FE---I bought the largest washer ARP lists in 7/16 and it does not even touch the cam dowel--I saw where a sbc washer would work and tried to look up one of those on summit to no avail? My last bolt and washer I had is under a sealed up timing cover so I cant see it---Every ad I see for a bolt and washer kit gives no dimension info--I am spending 2 weeks trying to find a 2.00 piece!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Barry_R
(Login Barry_R)
Members

We make them

August 8 2017, 11:54 AM 

but an SB Chevy damper washer will often work

Our dimensions are 1.400 O.D. and .200 thick
Barry Rabotnick
Survivalmotorsports.com

Respond to this message   

Paul M
(Login metalmeister)
Members

I need one too! My washer covers the dowel by 0.005" maybe

August 8 2017, 1:10 PM 

Barry, I'll mail you some cash to buy one if that's ok. I can send a padded return envelope.
Thanks

This message has been edited by metalmeister on Aug 8, 2017 1:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Bart
(Login RATPOISON511)
Members

Washer

August 8 2017, 3:51 PM 

We use a cam washer like Barry's except I drill a small recess where the washer goes on cam aligning pin. The pin
I use sticks out into the recess.This with two pins guarantees that the bolt won't back off. I have had a timing chain break so I am anal about seeing this does not happen again. When the cam quits turning at high RPM, you can kiss the entire valve train good bye.

Respond to this message   
Brent Lykins
(Login blykins)
Members

If you need more than a washer....

August 8 2017, 12:06 PM 

....like crank keys, head dowels, etc., snag a Durabond engine finishing kit, FKF-2, and use the washer out of it.

Respond to this message   
A70
(Login a70eliminator)
Members

Improvise

August 8 2017, 12:41 PM 

Don't know what kind of junk you have laying around but seat belt attaching washers work great, thick heavy high grade steel they are.

Respond to this message   
john tolliver
(Login jwtdvm)
Members

cam washer

August 8 2017, 12:51 PM 

thanks to all--I did not catch that the sbc part was the balancer bolt washer!--got 3 ordered from summit--hopefully that will work--Barry do you sell your washers??

Respond to this message   

Barry_R
(Login Barry_R)
Members

Yes - -

August 8 2017, 2:43 PM 

that Durabond kit will work - - just use rubber gloves removing it from the package, throw out the fuel pump eccentric, and then carefully remove the gloves and toss them too....
Barry Rabotnick
Survivalmotorsports.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index