Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Valve spacing on Edelbrock heads, please check my numbers

August 10 2017 at 11:52 AM

Bill Troth  (Login billtroth)
Members

I’m trying to save some time and effort by assembling my Dove / COMP Cams rocker arm assemblies (used on Edelbrock 427 heads) on the bench with correct spacing of the rocker arm rollers rather than trial fit and adjust them in the car. I have searched the Forum and web and could not find any spec. for the valve spacing so I measured the spacing with a caliper on my car. Here’s what I measured for c-to-c distance on valve stems. Distance between the intake and exhaust in any one cylinder = 2”. Between the front cylinder intake and second cylinder exhaust = 2.58”. Between the second cylinder intake and the third cylinder intake 2.85”. Between the third cylinder exhaust and the fourth cylinder intake is 2.58 (same as first and second cylinders).
Here’s sketch
https://postimg.org/image/460kyojqx/

If someone can confirm or advise different on this I'd appreciate it
Bill Troth
AFTERSHOCK 427
64 Galaxie NSS
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: Valve spacing on Edelbrock heads, please check my numbers

August 10 2017, 1:05 PM 

I thought Edelbrocks were 2.05" between valves and stock was 2", HR,MR and TP were 2.10"?

I measured my High Risers. I don't have any Edelbrocks to check.

This message has been edited by tomposthuma on Aug 10, 2017 4:02 PM

Respond to this message   

Bill Troth
(Login billtroth)
Members

I rounded to the 2" on individual cylinders

August 10 2017, 3:16 PM 

I was getting 2.01 to 2.02 but talking to Dove on this and they said that there could be as much as .030 rockers for any cylinder. The distance between cylinders was my concern so that I measured to the .001. I got the left side (#5 - #8) assembled and mounted on the head this afternoon and there is good alignment between the rocker rollers and the valve stems. Tomorrow I'll do the right bank and bench check them like I did today and hope it works again. The washer spacers from Dove are .05 nominal so unless I bought others I was pretty much constrained by .05".
Bill Troth
AFTERSHOCK 427
64 Galaxie NSS
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index