Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Weber Fe dual point

October 2 2017 at 10:52 AM
Rod Byrnes  (Login RodBurns)
Members

I'm looking for information on my Weber dual point distributor. It's looks to be an older dual point. I'm not sure when it came out, but I'd like to convert it to electronic and can't figure out what to buy. Photo won't upload.

Rod

This message has been edited by RodBurns on Oct 2, 2017 10:59 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: Weber Fe dual point

October 2 2017, 1:48 PM 

I had a Weber dual point years ago. I'm not sure if they were affiliated with Weber carbs or Weber clutches. Seems like it was maybe early 70's vintage.
Used to be all sorts of brands besides the main common ones. I think they all used standard replacement points from an OEM brand.
Electronic should be easy to adapt, you could use a Pertronix for one, or like it did with a small diameter Mallory, used a Chrysler electronic pickup with a Ford reluctor with the 8 blades cut down. Just a metter of getting something with an ID to fit the shaft, though that can be sleeved, and an OD that fits in the housing (I did a bunch of grinding on mine)

Respond to this message   
Randy
(Login 161854)
Members

Weber Clutches in Santa Ana , Ca

October 2 2017, 4:03 PM 

Bought by Accel in the 80s . Used "common " points . Harry Weber owned it and "Red" Roberts who started McLeod Clutches was the manager. Great clutches , so so ignitions.

Respond to this message   
danv
(Login 63gal427)
Members

Re: Weber Fe dual point

October 3 2017, 5:01 AM 

I did some research on them some time back, and my understanding is that they were a copy of a Cragar distributor. I bought mine in the early '80s and it's worked perfectly.

Respond to this message   
Randy
(Login 161854)
Members

Harry bought the rights to the Cragar....

October 3 2017, 8:43 AM 

distributor . I figured NO ONE here would remember them so I didn't mention it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index