Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Has anyone used or heard about one of these aluminum waterpumps?

October 3 2017 at 7:28 PM
DougFE  (Login DougFE)
Members

I need a water pump for my engine. I just looked on Google and saw this one. I've never seen nor heard of this one, does anyone know anything about it? Doesn't appear to be cheap China made junk. All input appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.cvfracing.com/Mechanical-Ford-Water-Pump-FE-Engine-p/bbfe-wp.htm

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim V
(Login v159hill)
Members

info says for Serpentine System

October 3 2017, 8:16 PM 

Info says for Serpentine System, check the rotation direction. CVF is not far from me but I have not been to their shop.

Respond to this message   
DougFE
(Login DougFE)
Members

Re: info says for Serpentine System

October 3 2017, 8:33 PM 

I saw that, but if you search their website they also offer their own billet V-belt system as well for the pump. I don't want billet on the engine, and it also says that with their billet V-belt system you can't use the engine mounted surge tank, which I need to use as well. Given that they offer a V-belt system I assume the rotation direction is correct?

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: info says for Serpentine System

October 3 2017, 8:49 PM 

It isn't reverse rotation and their serpentine system isn't really that either, more like a flat belt system.
I would assume China, unless they are getting Edelbrock to cast non-logo copies of their water pumps.

Respond to this message   
DougFE
(Login DougFE)
Members

Website says Made in USA

October 3 2017, 9:25 PM 

From the website:

"We proudly manufacture all of our Ford aluminum water pumps right here in the United States and pass the savings on to you."

This message has been edited by DougFE on Oct 3, 2017 9:26 PM

Respond to this message   

Alan Casida
(Login AlanCasida)
Members

I guess it depends on what their definition of "made" is

October 4 2017, 5:28 PM 

At that price I suspect it is probably assembled in the USA rather than made. Probably from industrial grade Chinesium. It's like when I bought my latest Mig welder. I had always gotten Lincoln products but when they moved production to Mexico I went with Hobart who proudly proclaimed "Made in the USA". When I opened it up to connect the power cable I found that all the components said "Hencho en China". Grrrrrrr!

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: I guess it depends on what their definition of "made" is

October 5 2017, 10:29 AM 

Four Seasons electric cooling fan motor, "Made in Canada" on the box, it's a US company in Texas, sticker on the motor says "China" and inside the soon-failed motor was pure crap, metal shaft rides on the sheetmetal housing instead of a bearing. There is no flange for the plastic blade to sit on, just a small roll pin which allows the blade to wobble and wiped out the motor before the car had gone two miles! A $90 fan and two hours work to change. Could have been worse if it was the one inside a heater case.

Respond to this message   

john vermeersch
(Select Login johnvermeersch501)
Members

Tom , I just sent them an E-mail

October 4 2017, 7:58 AM 

asking why its called serpentine....look up the definition .....They have a "poly-V " system.....If you sell parts for a FORD, use FORD descriptions !!!

Respond to this message   
DougFE
(Login DougFE)
Members

Here's their response to my email that I sent them:

October 4 2017, 10:36 AM 

I asked them if it was a high flow pump and if it will work dimensionally with stock Ford brackets and pulleys:

"Thank you for contacting us. Our pumps are high-flow aluminum pumps that use metal impellers and shafts and will move more coolant that an OE cast pump. The pump is designed as an OE replacement and should work for your application."

This looks like perhaps a half price promising alternative to the aluminum Edelbrock pumps, which prior were our only readily available alternative to Ford iron pumps.

Respond to this message   
DougFE
(Login DougFE)
Members

Non-rebuildable perhaps, but less than 1/2 price - a wash?

October 4 2017, 4:31 PM 

I guess it comes down to function and durability. If it's a quality piece, fits and functions well, and lasts a reasonably long time, I think the apparent lack of being able to be rebuilt fades in importance. I get what you say completely, but at less than half the price of the Edelbrock alternative, you could buy another complete replacement unit and still be equal, even slightly ahead of the game financially.

Just a thought. Of course, it all comes down to it being a decent unit or not. Time will tell. My car is still a ways off from being ready, and even when that happens, there won't be many miles put on it per year, so I'll be a fairly poor trailblazer on this one.

Edit - Somehow I got this in the wrong order here on Jurassic software. This was supposed to be in response to the post below.

V V V V V V

Sorry 'bout that.

This message has been edited by DougFE on Oct 4, 2017 4:34 PM

Respond to this message   
Jim
(Login FormerlyCyclonic66)
Members

I talked to them

October 4 2017, 12:40 PM 

I'm also in the market for a water pump.

Me: "will a standard Ford rebuild kit fit this pump"?

Nice Lady at CVF: "They're telling me NO"

Me: "Do you sell a rebuild kit for this pump"?

CVF: "No"

Me: "So, this pump isn't rebuild-able"?

CVF: "I guess not. Anything else I can help you with"?

Me: "I guess not"

Respond to this message   
winr1
(Login winr1)
Members

Looks a lot like one on ebay ...

October 4 2017, 1:32 PM 

Respond to this message   
Doug
(Login babybolt)
Members

Re: Has anyone used or heard about one of these aluminum waterpumps?

October 4 2017, 2:21 PM 

A company would be hard pressed to make the casting in the US for that price. It says in the ad that the pump is for clockwise rotation. Also says it is made of 6061-T6 but that is a billet material not a casting alloy like 356-T6. Seems like they have cut and paste the description because it calls out a short water pump.

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

cost

October 4 2017, 3:18 PM 

It wouldn't cost that much to cast them in the US, doesn't need to be in huge quantity either. 3d printing and scanning has greatly simplified pattern making. I've talked to several US foundries about making parts.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index