Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

27 Years

October 4 2017 at 6:54 PM
Robert  (Login machyoung)
Members

Could write a novel, but don't want to bore anyone. 27 years ago, I took a 390 and C6 out of my 68 Torino and sent the car off to get painted. Well, you guessed it, today I fired her up for the first time since. No interior yet besides a passenger seat and dash. Motor is a .030 over 428 (purchased from Ron at FPP over 25 years ago. More recently one of Barry's Prison Break kits. 4.25 Scat crank, Diamond pistons, etc. Edelbrock heads, Performer RPM intake, Comp 270S, Pump Builders valve train, Faron worked dizzy, FPA headers, etc. etc. etc. Has a Tremec TKO and hydraulic clutch set-up. Broke in the cam with Brad Penn oil, set-up the static timing using Kevin66's post from 10 years ago. Broke in the cam with few issues; a small oil leak at the sending unit, a leak in the clutch hydraulic's, had to start from the solenoid as the key is not operating. Few problems from a car that hasn't run in 27 years. What I would like say is thanks to all for answering my silly questions and mostly for leading me in the right direction. I couldn't have have done it without you! I'll post some photos soon. Thanks again, Robert

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: 27 Years

October 4 2017, 9:21 PM 

I hope it wasn't in the body shop that whole time.
I am way too well versed in projects taking far too long, you have two of my projects beat!

Respond to this message   

Leny Mason
(Login LENYM)
Members

We all have these

October 5 2017, 4:28 AM 

I know I have a few long time projects that take years to finish, I sold my Torino in 1974 when I bought my Mustang the kid that bought it finished it in three weeks rolled it end over end a bunch of times, so go slow with your projects I am glad you are almost done with that car what a good feeling, to me twenty seven years feels like yesterday. Leny Mason

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

Good to hear

October 5 2017, 4:35 AM 

I know some do their builds fast. I relate better to the slower builds. It's great to hear you're making progress.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Robert
(Login machyoung)
Members

Thanks!

October 5 2017, 8:24 AM 

It was at the paint shop a couple of years, however the time was mostly on me. I got the car back from paint/body and spent every waking moment working on her (that is if I wasn't working to make the necessary funds to pour-in to her). Then came a girl, marriage, business start-up #1, business start-up #2 and you guessed it, no time or funds to work on the dust collector taking up space in the garage. I realize that most of you have similar story's. keep at it cause one day...

Respond to this message   

javier
(Login Ranchopower)
Members

driving old cars is therapy n/m

October 5 2017, 9:04 AM 

Respond to this message   

Paul
(Login metalmeister)
Members

Most important. You did it!

October 5 2017, 11:22 AM 

Congratulations. You are right.This is the go to place for the FE brain trust info. Priceless.

Respond to this message   

Michael
(Login jjz103)
Members

love anything that after 27 years performs better without ass getting bigger n/m

October 6 2017, 4:31 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index