<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tach adapter.

October 7 2017 at 8:13 AM
Ed Jenkins  (Login Galaxie)
Members

http://www.ashlocktech.com/Home.php
Ed Jenkins

Ford Galaxie Club of America member #3350
1966 Galaxie 500 Convertible built in Chicago Illinois, will have a 400 horse 390, trick C6, Crites Aluminum radiator and a rust free frame from the south. Work continues.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
RogerRoseman
(Login RogerRoseman)
Members

I tried the MSD adapter no luck anyone tried this thing?

October 7 2017, 10:48 AM 

I have a 69 Mach I with the factory tach and am running a MSD 6 and factory electronic dist from a later model 360 truck. tried the adapter that MSD recommended , no luck. Tach moves but doesn't read correctly. would be nice to have it work properly. RR

Respond to this message   

Tom J.
(Login Ranchero)
Members

This won't work

October 7 2017, 7:35 PM 

with most 60;s era Ford factory tachs. it states that it will not work with current triggered tachs. If you have a 60;s factory Ford tach in a Mustang or Fairlene it will not work.
I quote "TACH-ADAPT is not compatible with current-triggered tachometers. Such techniques were
used in some older (60's) Ford and Chrysler products that run battery feed to the coil through the vehicle
tachometer. "
Tom J.
1968 Ranchero 390. 060 over,10.5:1, Comp 292H Cam, Performer RPM intake, Hooker headers, 4spd. 3.89 dif. ProForm 750 DP, Mallory Unilite distributor, Holley Annihilator cd ignition system, centerforce df clutch.

Respond to this message   
John P
(Login John64)
Members

TechnoVersions

October 7 2017, 9:32 PM 

Try this onehttp://www.technoversions.com/TachMatchHome.html They have 3 versions for different styles of tachs.

I have the MeterMatch for the fuel gauge and it works great
John P
64 Fairlane 500 2dr Sedan
64 Fairlane 500 Ranch Wagon

This message has been edited by John64 on Oct 7, 2017 9:33 PM

Respond to this message   

Blair Patrick
(Login CaptCobrajet)
Members

Been about 35 years now, but......

October 8 2017, 3:33 PM 

I seem to recall the part #8920 from MSD. I still have the 67 Mustang I put it on with a 6A and factory current triggered tach. This was '82 or '83, but it worked and still does....if they still make it and if it is made the same......
Blair Patrick

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index