Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question intake stem angles are 13°, what are the exhausts?

October 7 2017 at 3:54 PM
Bill Ballinger  (Login 65billgal)
Members

I angle milled my C4s to the intakes being 11.75°, this made port straighter and the valve happier on the intake side. But what is my exhaust angle now? I never measured it, just worked on the port to get 185 out of a 1.58 valve. The angle mill was starting on the exhaust side of the head and milling it to straight edge on the deck. It raised the intake ports by angle, and I would be sure it altered the exhaust. I widened the ports and the turn into the chamber on the intake side and the intake was already worked wider in the pinch on the pushrods that got in the way. There used to angled stock style rockers, likely still are. I did pull one stud out of the rocker stand and helicoil it. there was some angling on the head bolts too. The intake worked out well, A Holley SD that already fit my modified heads, the valve cover rail was a little whopperjawed but easy to fix with thick gaskets and right stuff. happy.gif But I was just curious, I cant measure it. We angle milled SBC heads to 18° and since the ports are moving with the valve stem angles they did better, in fact if you got caught they put weight on you. happy.gif Answers? my email is billballingersr at att dot net. If you don't want to say anything here. At 11.75° and widening the ports and pinch at 2.055s it did 274@.525 280 at .540 and 285 at .600

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Randy
(Login 161854)
Members

Same as the intake...

October 11 2017, 11:08 AM 

Both started at 13* now both are 11.75 as you measured on the intake.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index