October 9 2017, 3:59 AM 

This message has been edited by gdr45 on Oct 9, 2017 4:00 AM

Respond to this message   

SW
(Login Staceyanddee)
Members

They are pirates.

October 9 2017, 5:30 AM 

I will say that I bought a pair of EMPI Chinese Weber copies for one of my air cooled build's and haven't touched them since I synchronized them. This has been a good 3 years. In my case there wasn't an alternative. Regarding the above, no way.

Stacey

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login 428SCjHardtops)
Members

Re: They are pirates.

October 9 2017, 6:35 AM 

Is it called a horrey carb
69 R code Mustang coupe 68 1/2 R code Mustang coupe 70 ram air Drag Pack Cougar 67 505 F.A.S.T legal Fairlane [linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image]

Respond to this message   
John
(Login jetstuff)
Members

Ruh Ro ......

October 9 2017, 7:16 AM 

"Is it called a horrey carb"

Now that's funny ......

The broken engrish in the ad sums it all up ....

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: They are pirates.

October 9 2017, 10:33 AM 

Avast ye landlubber !

I found this photo of the seller... doesn't really look Chinese.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Terry
(Login trevorldean)
Members

Really "Special" Carbs

October 9 2017, 6:43 AM 

I think you guys must have overlooked one of the state-of-the-art tuning features of these carbs. They may be a great deal in disguise!

FEATURES:

"Mechanical secondaries for awesome tire turning performance"

Respond to this message   
Rory McNeil
(Login RMCJ428)
Members

Not to mention...

October 9 2017, 7:38 AM 

its made out of alumium, not sure how much better that is than aluminum!
It ships from Hong Kong as well.

Respond to this message   

SW
(Login Staceyanddee)
Members

If they were English alyouminium i'd consider it. n/m

October 9 2017, 9:07 AM 

Respond to this message   

mike7570
(Login mike7570)
Members

Carb

October 9 2017, 9:41 AM 

Finish - "Shiny"
Mike G

Respond to this message   
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

Gotta Wonder, Though

October 9 2017, 11:29 AM 

How many domestic "manufacturers" are sourcing parts from whoever makes these ugly carbs, and are not passing the savings on to us ignorant, hapless North American buyers. It took no time to check that the QFT and Holley Brawler carbs have dead-nuts-on the same fuel bowls, and in a couple cases the same main bodies. Look closely. How many times have we read about machining crap still stuck in a new Holley? That's because the stuff is made over there, not here. Yep, we be screwed again.
====

Respond to this message   
Randy
(Login 161854)
Members

What about the metering blocks with..

October 9 2017, 2:23 PM 

removable air bleeds? I got one with the power valve hole drilled and threaded at an angle so it won't seal. I wanted to test it to see if it worked or not.

Respond to this message   
Drew Pojedinec
(Login DeepRoots78)
Members

Re: Chinese Holley knockoffs ??

October 9 2017, 2:42 PM 

My take is simple.....
The reports I've heard, the metering is all jacked on these.

That said, you'll have to have a good recipe and some drills and taps. No big deal. Of course, that being the case, why not just buy an old Holley
and do the same? Will cost less and you'll at the very least know what you have.

Respond to this message   
paulie
(Login Paul_Lovett)
Members

We are the problem. That is we, the end user.

October 9 2017, 3:16 PM 

When we buy cheap knock-offs we are supporting the corrupt system of cheating, copying, and undercutting efforts of the engineers and craftsmen who designed and manufactured these parts in the first place. We're not even helping the people overseas in a meaningful way because we're perpetuating the system that exploits them, as well.

JMO,

paulie

Respond to this message   

Button
(Login cliffrod)
Members

Very well said

October 9 2017, 6:38 PM 

A century ago, Americans (both new immigrants and those already here who didn't stay on the farm) soon were fed up with being used as a disposable commodity. The workplace changed dramatically via govt regulation and a new legal environment. Way too many here now don't care about others getting screwed in the same way elsewhere because they are a generation or two away from the experience. By now, all those folks who lost body parts and such are long dead so you don't see them or talk about how grand dad's arm was buried out back after it got jerked off at the mill. (my first wife's grandfather...) They only want cheap things, as long as someone else pays the price.

Then, when it's your job or your pirated copyrighted design, all of a sudden it matters....
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

apparently.....

October 10 2017, 1:14 PM 

Looks like Holley is moving production, at least on some stuff...

http://www.myronbowling.com/Auctions/Holley-Performance-Products--Inc--934C50.html?LayoutID=23

Respond to this message   
paulie
(Login Paul_Lovett)
Members

I'm going to call Holley tomorrow.

October 10 2017, 3:02 PM 

I'll ask them about it. If everybody did it and demanded they use American manufacturing facilities, then they would. They will sell us what we want to buy. It may cost more, but I'm okay with that.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index