Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone heard from MeanGene? His area in Napa is ablaze with a huge Fire Storm!!!

October 9 2017 at 11:23 AM

TorinoBP88  (Login TorinoBP88)
Members

Mean Gene, hope your place in Napa is ok!!! 200 Acres on the road to Lake Berryessa that has spread rapidly to several thousand acres is one of 5 major fires.

Quite a scare cluster of 5 major fires with over 150 hotspots. Blew up from 10 pm last night to over 30,000 acres this morning ans with 80- mile per hour wind gusts fires are continuing to start all over.

Looks like a huge section of downtown Santa Rosa has burned, and i think the old house i use to live may have gone up.An ammunition shop exploded for 2 hrs this morning in down town Santa Rosa.!!!

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california/California-Wildfires-2016-383847531.html

This message has been edited by TorinoBP88 on Oct 9, 2017 11:53 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
FElony
(Login FelonyFord)
Members

Poor MeanGene

October 9 2017, 11:39 AM 

Started his '62 with open headers over a patch of dry grass, and is now forever welded to the steering wheel and seat. His neighbors would hate him, but they are all crispy critters, too. R.I.P. Gene, and local population.
====

Respond to this message   
Cammerfe
(Login ectarecordholder)
Members

Classy comment, Felony. n/m KS

October 15 2017, 10:05 AM 

Respond to this message   

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Re: Anyone heard from MeanGene? His area in Napa is ablaze with a huge Fire Storm!!!

October 9 2017, 1:08 PM 

I don't think he is in trouble as he is on the N/E side of Napa.He quit answering my phone and emails a couple o years ago so I am not really sure.

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

There is a 2000+ acre fire near his place i think on the East side

October 9 2017, 1:30 PM 

heading toward Berryessa. Its just north of his place, but with winds gusting it can move fast.

I think its on Hagen Rd how

its also down to 3rd road and Wild Horse Valley

Wasnt his place off lower Imola Ave?

This message has been edited by TorinoBP88 on Oct 9, 2017 1:35 PM

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

Infact it just spread south of Green Valley which is walking distance east of his place.

October 9 2017, 1:39 PM 

it is moving like crazy.

At 2 am it was called out as 200 acres, now there are 100 HOT SPOTS in this one fire alone!!!!

follow this link to satellite hot spots!!! Totally Crazy fast!

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california/California-Wildfires-2016-383847531.html

Respond to this message   
FERoadster
(Login FERoadster)
Members

We in SW Oregon went thru that 6 weeks ago

October 9 2017, 1:28 PM 

not nearly as devastating as this with the loss of life, structures, Vineyards, Homes, lively hoods and possessions.
Hope this gets under control quickly, it was 3 weeks before 1400 firefighters got containment on the Chetco Bar Fire.
The density of homes and those lost in the area will make this a tragedy.
Hope for the best and safety to all.
Richard >>> FERoadster

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

I looked on Cal Fire and Oregon's https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5385/

October 9 2017, 1:34 PM 

and its shows the Chetco fire as still burning with still have 94 active support people fighting it.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5385/

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

fire

October 9 2017, 2:15 PM 

scary times in that area. Hope Gene is OK with no scorched cars and melted medium risers.

I just saw this report from Jim Murphy the nostalgia dragster guy.

"It is pretty bad here, whole subdivisions, are gone commercial buildings etc.
We were supposed to evacuate but didn't and seems okay at our house right now.
I've had three employees that lost their homes, a number of buildings we built
have been burned. Is just unreal frankly, It seems like it's a movie or something.
Thanks for checking in, Jim"

Respond to this message   

TorinoBP88
(Login TorinoBP88)
Members

Yes! Average spread rate is 3,750 acres new burning every hour! So that is

October 9 2017, 2:40 PM 

So the fire is spreading at a rate of 5.8 square miles per hour!!!!!!!

In 10 different directions, literally!!!

Respond to this message   
MeanGene
(Login 2many427s)
Members

Dodged a couple bullets

October 9 2017, 2:23 PM 

Fire came thru Silverado CC, wind blowing directly at me, changed direction to the east at the last minute, just missed. At the other house in Carneros, that fire also went right around us, we're about a mile from the Carneros Inn that was evacuated. Finally got back in there a couple hours ago, and looks like it snowed, but nothing burned- still snowing ashes
[linked image][linked image]

Respond to this message   
Jack Tindle
(Login JacksFordParts)
Members

I am moving 12 miles west of Santa Rosa. My place is unscathed...

October 9 2017, 3:19 PM 

Fortunately. Glad to hear you made it without loss Gene.

Respond to this message   

Mike U.
(Login mtrain)
Members

Glad you're OK Gene.............nm.

October 9 2017, 3:55 PM 

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login fordloverracing)
Members

X2 Gene, hope you stay safe & unharmed

October 9 2017, 4:43 PM 

Rick

Respond to this message   
C5HM
(Login C5HM)
Members

Glad you dodged the bullet

October 9 2017, 4:51 PM 

How about my best old ex friend Randy on Arnold Dr.? I saw a shot of a fire above Sears Point. Looked bad.

Respond to this message   
Lance
(Login 428kidd)
Members

John, glad

October 9 2017, 5:15 PM 

to see you post here again. Hope things are on the mend for you as well!

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

pix

October 9 2017, 6:33 PM 

Some of the pictures are quite wild, flames are huge.
Then there are pix like this where the house is unscathed... kinda.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
C5HM
(Login C5HM)
Members

Thanks Lance

October 9 2017, 6:36 PM 

It has been and interesting several weeks for sure here in Texas. Got to check off some bucket list items like swimming in my living room at 3:00 AM and taking an air-boat ride from the tail gate of my F-150. Lost the house all seven cars and three motorcycles. Luckily I still have one H&M project left. Had four engines fresh on dollies (to include a NASCAR TP and a ED headed CJ). Each got filled with water (I had three feet in the shop and house). Douched all after draining with WD 40, then kerosene followed by Joe Gibbs in each cylinder and manual rotation with the plugs out. Hopefully they will be in stasis until I can tear them all down. I am back in Texas after spending a month in Louisiana hotels. Didn't see apartment living in my future at this age. But I was damned happy to find one as they are at a premium just now. The good news is I had LOTS of insurance to include flood and agreed value policies on all of the toy cars. I am having a shop built behind my Florida retirement home, so I will be able to get back working on race cars sometime next year when I retire.... One thing is for sure..the move will be a whole lot easier than I had anticipated.

This message has been edited by C5HM on Oct 9, 2017 6:52 PM

Respond to this message   

DaleP
(Login Posi-67)
Members

WOW.. Sorry to hear about your damage Doc..

October 9 2017, 6:57 PM 

Certainly a life changer for many and at least you had insurance. Still a heartbreak for anyone to loose what they worked so hard to have. The only disaster we'll have up here is the big earthquake which is hopefully a few years away when I won't care. Good luck on your move.

Respond to this message   
Dave Nettles
(Login dynonflowdave)
Members

The big earthquake

October 13 2017, 9:19 PM 

I'm writing a piece about the really big one, which I believe could well be the worst quake ever, beginning in the Cascadia Subduction Zone which I've learned has triggered San Andreas quakes in the past. I'll post a link when I publish what I've found.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index