Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

67 Fairlane Throttle Linkage

October 9 2017 at 12:38 PM
Denoir  (Login Denoir)
Members

I have a 67 Fairlane originally a 289 automatic, gonna be FE with tunnel wedge.
What throttle linkage will I need?
Is the bell crank on the firewall the same, do I modify or is there a bolt on solution (hehe, bolt-on makes me nervous)?
D

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Re: 67 Fairlane Throttle Linkage

October 9 2017, 12:51 PM 

My 66 was a 289 C4 and I am using the one that came with it. I see no reason why you can't do the same. I have a top loader so a C6 may need the correct one if different.

This message has been edited by x4rdtech on Oct 9, 2017 12:52 PM

Respond to this message   
Denoir
(Login Denoir)
Members

Thx

October 9 2017, 12:53 PM 

Top loader as well.

Respond to this message   

Falcon67
(Login Falcon67)
Members

67 throttle linkage

October 9 2017, 2:58 PM 

I have had the original 289 with a 2100. Then a 4100, then a Holley, then some 351Cs with various short, tall, other, intakes and carbs and currently a 302 with a tunnel ram and dual Edelbrock 600s. In all that, the original bell crank and gas pedal has been used with many and varied home brew linkages. I consider it a fun challenge to get the next new thing hooked up and operational. With some 1/4" steel rod, some 1/4-20 or 1/4-28 dies, some 1/4 rod ends and lock nuts, various 1/4 bolts, socket head cap screws, washers and bushings you can make anything work.

Respond to this message   

6667fan
(Login 6667fan)
Members

No and yes.

October 9 2017, 5:26 PM 

Tunnel wedge does not have provision for the hokey to and fro linkage and stand. The throttle pedal assembly can be used but after that you will need an accelerator rod to connect to the 2 x 4 bellcrank.
[linked image]
Every second counts

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index