Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Clutch differences

October 9 2017 at 1:32 PM

John  (Login Gettinther)
Members

I know back when ford started using the diaphragm clutches in the pickups they were a problem experience taught me this. Since that time I see a lot of performance clutches are of this style and find myself wondering if the Fords still just eat them up or are they working out? Is the old Long style still the best option ?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Brent Lykins
(Login blykins)
Members

My favorite combo is a mechanical linkage with a Long style....

October 9 2017, 2:36 PM 

However, the diaphragm pressure plate kits will work just fine if they are set up correctly and are chosen to support the power that's being made.

Respond to this message   
Rory McNeil
(Login RMCJ428)
Members

Agreed

October 9 2017, 5:47 PM 

I currently have Fords with mechanical, hydraulic, and cable clutch pedal linkage, and hands down, the mechanical feels the best & most direct. And I have never seen any reason to switch any Ford that came from the factory with a Long style clutch, to a diaphragm style.

Respond to this message   
Rory McNeil
(Login RMCJ428)
Members

Agreed

October 9 2017, 5:47 PM 

I currently have Fords with mechanical, hydraulic, and cable clutch pedal linkage, and hands down, the mechanical feels the best & most direct. And I have never seen any reason to switch any Ford that came from the factory with a Long style clutch, to a diaphragm style.

Respond to this message   
Cory
(Login 427Fastback)
Members

Re: Agreed

October 9 2017, 6:38 PM 

I have 3 Mustangs here.Two FE's and one small block.All three cars run 11" long style Mcleods and mechanical linkage.I wouldn't have it any other way.The 68 427 car has had the same pressure plate since 1988.Disc was only changed when I went to a TKO..

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index