Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fuel pump options

October 12 2017 at 5:10 AM
Jon  (Login saltshakerxxl)
Members

Is there a way to have a back up electric fuel pump for the track and use a Mech pump for daily driving? Are there any quite pumps?
Jon

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Leny Mason
(Login LENYM)
Members

1998 diesel pick up

October 12 2017, 6:21 AM 

Hi Jon, I put one of these pumps in line with a switch mostly so it can prime your car after sitting a long time, It has worked well on all the hot rods I have done, there is on reason you could not leave it on when racing, they make them ether way so the in and out can be were you need it. Leny Mason

Respond to this message   

Falcon67
(Login Falcon67)
Members

Gerotor

October 12 2017, 6:26 AM 

Mallory - and a few others I can't recall - make gerotor style pumps that are way, way quieter than any of the regular Holley items. A Mallory 110 self regulated mounted on a rubber isolator will be hard to hear in the car. I run 140s in both door cars, typically get 10 years out of regular pump usage with a return style fuel system. Have no desire to ever run a mechanical pump on a street or strip car.

This message has been edited by Falcon67 on Oct 12, 2017 6:27 AM

Respond to this message   

Michael
(Login jjz103)
Members

I reckon

October 13 2017, 3:24 PM 

you could splice a deadhead electric system in and use no return and/or electric valves to isolate/select. you would want to think it through carefully and get some advice on your specific design - most major pump suppliers will do that via helpline. Holley have a new range of pumps they say are "whisper quiet" check out the website. I'm installing an EFI one (#12-800) at the moment but havent tested it yet (might do that today). If its not whisper quiet then I'll post curses etc.

Respond to this message   

Michael
(Login jjz103)
Members

I reckon

October 13 2017, 3:24 PM 

you could splice a deadhead electric system in and use no return and/or electric valves to isolate/select. you would want to think it through carefully and get some advice on your specific design - most major pump suppliers will do that via helpline. Holley have a new range of pumps they say are "whisper quiet" check out the website. I'm installing an EFI one (#12-800) at the moment but havent tested it yet (might do that today). If its not whisper quiet then I'll post curses etc.

Respond to this message   

Michael
(Login jjz103)
Members

tested

October 13 2017, 5:24 PM 

Jon yep Holley 12-800 is quiet. About the same sound as my 12v Dewalt hand drill when you depress the trigger a little and it is only just running ie on its lowest speed. Hope that is some help and good luck...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index