Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

406 tri power intake

November 30 2017 at 11:28 AM
Anonymous  (Login Coolhandluke6161)
Members

Can you tell a 61 62 galaxie tri power from a Thunderbird I have been told there different can you tell by looking also the pipe plug in the front on top right of oil fill I see some plunged some with tall fitting I need one for my 61 hipo starliner one for 62 galaxie 406 thanks for help

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
RCV
(Login RCV)
Members

Tri-power

November 30 2017, 11:54 AM 

The pads on the Thunderbird are parallel with the head while the Galaxies, etc. are stepped, low in front and tall in rear. Email at rcmv50@gmail.com and I may be able to help you. I have several galaxie units.

Respond to this message   
Lance
(Login 428kidd)
Members

As has been said before

November 30 2017, 3:41 PM 

The galaxie pads are tilted. Thunderbird is flat. The 61 intakes have two pedalstale at the rear of the intake, and are hard to find.

This message has been edited by 428kidd on Nov 30, 2017 3:41 PM

Respond to this message   
Greg W
(Login gregwill16)
Members

Tripower

November 30 2017, 4:19 PM 

I have a spare 61 intake and also have a couple 62 Galaxie intakes as well, one complete setup that I have for a 406 engine that I might sell.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login 427JACK)
Members

61 intake

November 30 2017, 8:36 PM 

I might be interested in The '61 intake. Can you please send me some pictures and what you need for it. What's the date?
Thanks,Jack
Email fordguy1963@hotmail.com or call or text 801-897-0770

This message has been edited by 427JACK on Nov 30, 2017 8:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Greg W
(Login gregwill16)
Members

Re: 61 intake

December 1 2017, 5:16 AM 

Jack if the original poster isn't interested I will let you know. Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Tom P
(Login tomposthuma)
Members

Re: 406 tri power intake

November 30 2017, 7:54 PM 

There would not be a 406 intake for a TBird, those were 390's.
TBird intake is a much different looking one with the carbs sitting flat, parallel to the top of the block.
It also has bosses for the throttle linkage on the left rear. The two rear raised pads on the 61 intake are the throttle linkage mounts, same as found on cast iron intakes. I wish i'd used that on my wagon as it would have made adapting the kickdown much simpler.
There is a date code above the thermostat opening so it's pretty easy to distinguish which year it is.

Respond to this message   
Pete
(Login 427funn)
Members

Carbs are different too

December 1 2017, 6:18 AM 

T Bird have a C2SE #'s and I think they are smaller cfm, I have a completely restored t bird setup

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index