Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

BT HiRiser Mod.

November 30 2017 at 3:33 PM
Bart   (Login RATPOISON511)
Members

If new hi-riser heads become available, I suggest that the rear water passage be not drilled. This should help in stopping the cracking which has occurred. This would mean there would be a right and a left head. There is a stress riser right at the rear head bolt. We have shut the water passage off by welding. We hope this will eliminate the cracking which has occurred.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

XR7
(Login XR7)
Members

been fixed

November 30 2017, 6:21 PM 

The BT HR heads cast 3 years ago fixed that already. The water passage is still there (both ends), just a lot smaller, and has much more "meat" around the outer head bolt tube... and into the the water, as well as a "bridge" across the top to the valve cover rail, plus the rocker pad is beefier all across the head and around all head bolt holes too. I only torque the head stud nuts to 95#, haven't had any issues at over 14 to 1 and/or over 1000 HP.

I am not sure what mods or upgrades they were talking about, maybe someone will chime in on that. Art usually does something new/different, every time he casts them. Always trying to improve.

Respond to this message   

DaleP
(Login Posi-67)
Members

I got "treed" by XR7... so nevermind. N/M

November 30 2017, 6:38 PM 

This message has been edited by Posi-67 on Nov 30, 2017 6:40 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index