Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My wife just ask me how much more $ do I need

December 2 2017 at 5:19 PM

Bobby Spears  (Login x4rdtech)
Members

to get the exhaust system put on my Fairlane.She saw this months check from the VA that I get now.I said about another $100 or so.Then she said just do it and it would be my Christmas gift from her.All of the sites I checked was from Flowmasters for $589.No matter which one and all free shipping except Dearborn Classics of course.I can hang the kit on and have the local muffler shop connect it to the headers that has the 2 2/2" adapters that they came with.I will check Monday with them to see what they would hang them on would cost.They should be able to get them cheaper and with labor get the job.I will post back what they say. May be driving it sooner than I thought.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike U.
(Login mtrain)
Members

You know she's cheating on you Bobby..............lol, just kidding, but usually my spider

December 2 2017, 6:27 PM 

Usually, my spider sense starts tingling when my wife starts being too friendly when it comes to the other women, aka, the CARS.

This in reality means I have to do something for her, like watch a yucky women's movie, where the female lead dies for some women's disease.

Good luck, and may God be with you.

This message has been edited by mtrain on Dec 2, 2017 6:28 PM

Respond to this message   
a70
(Login a70elliminator)
Members

I tell my wife

December 2 2017, 6:32 PM 

Things that cost 100 when it's actually 1000 lol.

Respond to this message   
eric
(Login wwyin62)
Members

I tell my wife...

December 3 2017, 7:34 AM 

NOTHING.

Respond to this message   
Joe overholser
(Login exgi)
Members

Re: My wife just ask me how much more $ do I need

December 2 2017, 9:08 PM 

Try Waldron exhaust. Ph 785-632-3450

Respond to this message   

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Thanks Joe but that is too far from CA

December 2 2017, 11:23 PM 

I hope to have it in a week or two.
Will know more Monday.

Respond to this message   
3pedal
(Login 3pedal)
Members

Our wives are smarter than we think

December 3 2017, 1:46 PM 

They see the progress,they know something is coming next...maybe not exactly what, but they know its still going to take more $$$...its not what you say to them...its how you say it to them...

Respond to this message   
manofcyclones
(Login manofcyclones)
Members

Flowmaster kit

December 4 2017, 2:47 AM 

Several years ago I installed that flowmaster kit on my 66 cyclone .It came with a H pipe tail pipes two mufflers and two exhaust pipes You can make everything fit. BUT the H pipe is universal lots of cutting and welding (luckily I am a welder )the mufflers fit ok and the pipes going from the H pipe to the mufflers fit also .And the tail pipes fit .BUT getting them to not rattle against the leaf springs will try your patience .You are putting a 2 1/2 pipe where a 2 pipe went .I finally got mine to not rattle so bad by wrapping my leaf springs with exhaust insulation .It only touched in one or two places but it would drive you NUTS .Have you considered just letting the muffler shop make a system for you ? That H pipe for my car required a lot of work to hook up to my headers . I will say this some don't like the sound of flowmasters .I really love mine and so do others .Just a heads up Bob .Doug

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index