Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Great news for the FE world. I'm not going to use anyone's name just yet.

December 3 2017 at 8:58 AM
Jack Tindle   (Login JacksFordParts)
Members

But I was just talking to a good friend who builds exotic ford engines and he informed me that he is having aluminum tunnel port heads cast right now. High riser heads are on deck as well pending inspection of how the TP heads turn out. He is a very bright and knowledgeable Ford builder with a great reputation. I'm excited to see these heads come to life and I'm sure others are as well. Will no more after the first of the year and I don't have any other information or pricing yet. But it looks like we won't be needing to contact Blue Thunder to get high riser heads after all. If you know whom I'm speaking about, please out of respect let him proceed privately until he's ready to officially release them. Just wanted to drop this information to see who may be interested in them.

Jack

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Cyclone Joe
(Login CycloneJoe)
Members

Tease! N/M

December 3 2017, 9:35 AM 

1967 Mercury Cyclone GT Convertible, 390 FE

Respond to this message   

Bobby Spears
(Login x4rdtech)
Members

Regardless they will be out of my budget n/m

December 3 2017, 10:06 AM 

Respond to this message   

Mike U.
(Login mtrain)
Members

I have a set of the Dove hi port TP heads. Would love too see what the new heads look like

December 3 2017, 3:27 PM 

Also want to see what they flow.

Hopefully, they will be manufactured for big cid FE engines as in big flow numbers, otherwise what is the point, right?

Respond to this message   
kleandan
(Login kleandan)
Members

It would seem...

December 3 2017, 11:51 AM 

Jack, I understand your enthusiasm for the items and project, but it would seem more respectful of you to NOT post any of this in the first place.
Wait until things are literally ready.

Respond to this message   
Jack Tindle
(Login JacksFordParts)
Members

Maybe some guys would like to save their money if they knew something was coming

December 3 2017, 12:09 PM 

soon.

Respond to this message   
Dan
(Login 32bantam)
Members

Thanks, Jack..

December 3 2017, 2:14 PM 

Not all of us are going to build multiple 427's and this tip might keep a guy doing that one engine he's always wanted from buying and investing a huge amount in an old wrecked set of heads. That or maybe Ole' Jack would sell me his SK heads now that these are available. lol Just as what I'm after for an FE head is very different than most but if available I'd be planning more FE builds. I want a top end quality race head that looks exactly like factory. Not close enough, not sorta from five feet away if you paint it black and squint with your head tilted... an exact replica of factory in every detail with the valve cover on for nostalgia builds. If such an animal existed my decisions on parts I'm buying would be directly affected even in my current efforts.

Respond to this message   
Ben
(Login BH107)
Members

Lots of talk recently....

December 3 2017, 11:58 AM 

There has been lots of talk in the last year or so of guys having these cast. There are at least 3 different we’ll known guys who have mentioned HR or TP, and BBM all but confirmed they were involved in at least one of the efforts.

As for not needing BT, they are far more than a recast aluminum version of the original and it would take quite a bit of development to improve on their castings.

Respond to this message   
Phil
(Login wizbam)
Members

Great news

December 3 2017, 12:23 PM 

put me down for some Tunnlports.

Respond to this message   
Adam Matteson
(Login feadam)
Members

heads

December 5 2017, 5:14 AM 

Did he give a time frame on availabilty?

Respond to this message   
Cammerfe
(Login ectarecordholder)
Members

Has everyone visited....

December 7 2017, 1:35 PM 

Jay's site recently? There are pictures of his booth at Indy. Worth looking at!

KS

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index