Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

50th Cobra Jet Reunion dates announced

December 4 2017 at 8:00 PM

DaleP  (Login Posi-67)
Members

This was sent to me by some guy with a Cobra Jet (okay, it was Don Fotti) and I had to open the file and take a picture off my monitor so excuse the poor quality. Anyway, looks like a good time for CJ owners or Ford guys in general.

Fotti5

Fotti4

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Login 428SCjHardtops)
Members

Re: 50th Cobra Jet Reunion dates announced

December 4 2017, 8:39 PM 

I was hoping it would be a separate stand alone deal and not tied to that event .
69 R code Mustang coupe 68 1/2 R code Mustang coupe 70 ram air Drag Pack Cougar 67 505 F.A.S.T legal Fairlane [linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image]

Respond to this message   

doug smith
(Login cjshaker)
Members

I wonder what constitutes a Cobra Jet these days?..

December 4 2017, 9:41 PM 

A factory block, heads and crank? Because I'd venture to say a great many of them will have aftermarket heads and intakes. How about a stroker with aftermarket heads and intake, leaving only the block as a CJ piece....if it's not a passenger car block, that is? And if all that is acceptable, would my original CJ Mach 1 be welcome since it has a 427 in it? It's got a stock $ crank, factory intake and C5 heads, so it'll be more Ford than most CJ cars these days.

Just wondering out loud, because I wouldn't mind attending but doubt if I'd even be allowed. It does say "modern Cobra Jet", so if I point out the fact that I have CJ valve covers, that ought to be good enough happy.gif

Respond to this message   
tom406
(Login tom406)
Members

"All tributes/replicas welcome"

December 4 2017, 10:15 PM 

Purity test doesn't sound too rigid, lol

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login machoneman)
Members

7.87's and almost 180 mph for...

December 5 2017, 6:23 AM 

the modern Ford 'Stang Cobra Jets, last I read. It's amazing as Dyno Don's flip=top, Logghe-chassied Comet, on 98% nitro w/fuel injection ran IIRC a 7.90 years ago on it's best run. Wow is all I can say.

Respond to this message   

Don Fotti
(Login DonFotti)
Members

Cobrajet engine 50th anniversary

December 5 2017, 12:28 PM 

Doug it is an anniversary for CobraJet cars with an FE in it so your CJ Mach 1 is fine. There will also be a show class for clones. Nobody will be checking part numbers before you can run it down the track but nobody wants to see an R Code mustang showing up with a Boss 429 in it. It is an FE event.

Hope that helps
1334104618-0.jpg?r=tmustangsig.jpg

Don Fotti
1968 1/2 428 CobraJet Mustang
2009 Mustang GT
38 foot Diesel pusher motorhome
26 foot Pace American trailer
plus 3 other Fords

Respond to this message   

doug smith
(Login cjshaker)
Members

Thanks, Don...

December 6 2017, 8:05 AM 

Sounds like it could be a fun event. I'll have to make plans on attending.

Respond to this message   
wayne aldrich
(Login striptripper53)
Members

Dons cj

December 7 2017, 4:30 PM 

Don i talked with you at route 66 you said it was time to pull the motor it had a lot of runs how is it going.

Respond to this message   

Don Fotti
(Login DonFotti)
Members

Motor

December 9 2017, 10:16 PM 

The engine is out right now getting a refresh. No significant issues just maintenance. Lance told me the bearings looked brand new. 90+% of the time I only run about 2/3 throttle so as to run 11.50 and not 10.30's so was not expecting issues.

Maybe see you in Chicago again this coming year.
1334104618-0.jpg?r=tmustangsig.jpg

Don Fotti
1968 1/2 428 CobraJet Mustang
2009 Mustang GT
38 foot Diesel pusher motorhome
26 foot Pace American trailer
plus 3 other Fords

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index